Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT San Antonio and Methodist Houston FM interviews - dr_minnie
Can anyone tell me about their experience/impressions?
I interviewed at San Antonio FM program. I was accommodated in a really nice Marriot hotel. They had resident dinner the night before, but I couldn't have attended. PC came to pick us up at the hotel around 7:30am. There were 2 more applicants. At the hospital, we met PD who talked about the program for about 20-30 min. He seemed nice, but maybe a bit stiff (he is a former military doctor, so no wonder). Still, he's open and nice. I had an interview with PGY3 resident who seemed really nice and happy about the program. Then PC interviewed me (she's really great!), one of the faculty members and then PD. Good thing about it is that every interview lasted for about 30 min, so you really have time to show them the real you. They ask expected questions, no med qs. PD actually asked details about my LORs and my previous experiences. We had lunch in this really nice Italian restaurant with PC and the resident. There are 2 hospitals out of which the university one is really nice, fairly new, and the other one is really old, but still not that bad. Actual PD gave us the tour of the old hospital. You can feel the Southern hospitality everywhere you go, so I actually felt at ease while interviewing. Everything was over around 1:30 and PC dropped us off at the hotel again. I got a chance to check out the city later and it's nice. The weather is the best part of it Smile), but I think it would be nice to live there. There are a lot of Hispanics in the city and the hospital, but that's something you anticipate, really.

if you have any more questions, just ask. GL
Thanks, greeneyes! That was very helpful Smile
lol@ millitary PD
I know Smile) He's not bad, but you can still sense that military demeanor. Smile) btw, the program itself is really great. They offer a lot of research opportunities if you're interested, have few tracks you can choose from and overall everyone seem happy and satisfied.
One more Q: did anyone ask u about a case presentation? eg. an interesting case/patient u learned the most from type of descriptive Q?
@UTHSC

i received thank you letter and season greetings.........but no invite for 2nd look ........what about you guys..........one of my forum friend received invitation for 2nd look......please share ur feedback from the program..........
Hey greeneyes........i think we interviewed on same day.......2 girls and 1 guy........
i received second look invitation...for brunch at PDs house....
i don't know how you figured out we interviewed on the same day...that's strange Smile it was 2 girls and a guy...you remember my eyes maybe? Smile))
congrats .......so u r on there rol.........there was everything same in ur description so that's why i figured out......and green eyes as well................
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »