Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is the easiest specialty to get in? - jtyhg
i meant which specialty is the least competitive?

thank you for your opinion
IM
i would say that in these days there is no speacialty where you could say it is least competitive to get in, even when you see competitive people who were denied to any interviews...from my readings here i drawed out that especially Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics might be less competitive, but from the experiences showed here they arent.
how about psychiatry?
lol....yeah..right!! somebody must have given you the wrong idea....psych is not easy at all....IMGs have lower % of matching is psych. In 2008 match only 201 non US imgs matched in psych out of 1069 positions. GL. I would say it is 70:30 for AMG:IMG when it comes to psych.
so psychiatry is harder to get in than FM, IM and peds?
if you don`t have extended psych exp...psych externship in us and us psych lors then my answer is yes. It will be hard but there are always exceptions. Plus psych is different in so many ways. You need exposure to figure out if you fit into psych.
if i have several months experience in psych in usa with one LOR, does it become easier than FM?
First of all..what do you want?..how do you see yourself in like 10 years..Do you see yourself dealing with kids?...do you see yourself dealing with psych patients with different background and using different language?...It mostly depends of what you want...and somehow PDs get to realize that by checking your CV, dean's letter and personality during IV...After you've checked all that you can start thinking what's the "easiest" specialty to get into..
ok, so , you have to apply to all IM/FM/Psy/Peds in order to know which specialty is the easiest one to get into.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »