Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plz help: how do u get a job 4 non-medical spouse? - usmlegold
hi friends,

any idea? regardless of whether u have a j1 or h1b visa from the residency, ur spouse will get
a J2 or H4 visa both of which don't allow ur spouse to work.

any advice, ideas,?
just so no one adds this to the list of "dumbest questions"

my question pertains to finding a work visa not an actual job!
your spouse can work only on j2 and for that you have to get a work permit from the department of homeland and security...spouse can't do a job on H4
Hi,

If your spouse is a software professional then they can probably find a job which will be ready to sponsor a visa.
If not you are looking for any other kind of job it might be difficult as most other places are not ready to sponsor visas.
You have the option of taking up J1 visa so that your spouse can get J2 and apply for an EAD.
Once she gets her EAD she can find a job.But the EAD has to be renewed every year.
my advice is to help your "spouse" get masters in united states on F1. It is an expensive option but may be after one semester your spouse might get tuition waiver by finding some kind of Graduate assistantship and he/she can study rest of the semesters free of cost. He/she might need to work "on campus" for 20 hours a week BUT believe me these kind of work is very light work. It is very easy for "US masters" holder to get H1.

By the time you finish your residency, your spouse will earn master's degree.

Forget about working on H4 for your spouse. he/she can only work for "under table cash" and that too is illegal and risky not only for your spouse but for you as well. Risk is substantial for the amount of money he/she will be paid on "cash" jobs. Your spouse can work on J2 after getting work permit which is easy to get but I am not sure about the money part.

Hope it helps.
thanks for the honest advice guys...i appreciate it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »