Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recession on Medicine - maddoc
is this the result of the failling & falling economy???
less iv------less funds------downsizing of programs------less prematches------more frustration

how is 2009 diffrent from 2008?
guys give your views on the season so far.
Help understand the recent trend,so that we are better prepaired for the future.
join!
I think it's the other way around, more people are depending on medicare and madicaid as they become jobless. More doctors need to be hired to cover this gap. Health care and food systems don't collapse as stocks market and other financial systems do. People will not become less sick just because there's an economic recession. People will always need health services at the rate is expected. However, I guess people will not go to the doctor as regular as they do when it's not an emergency.
i think thats true to a sence,but how would you explain the reduction in the no of residency positions this year?
Agree..actually people will get sicker(depression, suicide attempts) and lack of healthcare will get chronic diseases to be decompensated...but I don't think it will translate in hiring more doctors or increasing residency spots...hiring NPs or PA or MA is a lot more cheaper than hiring doctors...Manyy hospitals are being filled by this kind of healthcare workers..
Recesson will make suffer everyone,,there will be no scape
thats a point bird77
I just wanna find out the reaosns the season has changed this year.the no. of prematches have gone down since last year,bcoz programs are not sure of the seats they will be lef
left with....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »