Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going crazy....have I failed Step 1????? - sadar1
Hi folks. I'm Sadar...a newbie here. I took Step 1 on the 16th of December but haven't got my result. Someone told me that if you try re-entering an exam on the ecfmg IWA and the system lets you, that means you failed. I tried that today and the system let me re-enter for step 1. I haven't received my result. I did USMLEworld and my scores were 80s on average. After the exam I was so confident I did well because I was certain I got enough answers right to pass. Can anyone confirm if this re-entry thing is true. I'm going crazy!!!!
That OASIS trick does not work anymmore...it stopped working a while ago
I heard that used to work but it does not work anymore.
UW 80s average means you will get 95! mark my words. The IWA lets you enter but after a few steps it wont let you proceed.
The same thing happened for me when I was looking for my step 2...i felt the same way..but the next day i received my official results and I passed..so don't worry at all...the system will let you register...and it does not mean you failed or passed..
good luck
it all depends on your eligibility period if its over then you can re-register yourself.if its going on then you can't....this was old OASIS trick and does not work now
it's not that it doesn't work anymore persay, bc the results come out as soon as our scores are "reported" so if u log into ur oasis acct, and under ur examinations it says a date when the score is reported, and you haven't gotten ur score yet (which is now done electronically so this is rare that you wont get ur score the day it's reported) you can try to reapply, but bc it's all done via pdf files now, the day they report u score, u get an email saying ur score report is ready.. so there is no point to the oasis "trick" which was never a trick, bc obviously if usmle reported ur score, and you had not received u score yet via mail, you would try to reapply.. if it let u reapply, u obviously failed bc the system does not have a passing score for you.. so it's not really a trick..

anyways, bc it's all done electronically now, until your score is reported by usmle on oasis, you have no way of knowing if u passed or failed.. just be patient, wait the 3 or 4 wednesdays after u exam date, and hope oasis is reported.. remember usmle is closed first 2 weeks of january, so if u took later in december, those first 2 weeks of january don't count bc they are closed.. good luck!
reporting is late due to some unknown reason..usmle score 80 means >90 in real exam. (minus few exceptions)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »