Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No responses from the programs???? Analyze this - justbefair
Hey, I have noticed something that is really odd This is just a simple reflection:

Once you got your USMLE scores or ECFMG certificate, you apply to the different programs that offer the specialty you want to get in. After analyzing all the requirements the different programs request, you decide to apply for to a bunch of them through the ERAS. You start your process, in which they warn that if you pay for a specialty but later you want to withdraw, they will not reimburse you. So far, it is ok.. You accepted and paid a lot of money (from $1,000 - $3,000). The cruel waiting time starts You obviously expect some invitations & rejections. Some rejections popped in but the interview invitations do not show up huh After 12 weeks, you emailed the program directors and coordinators to know the status of your application and Voila!!!! They kindly answered œAt this time we have closed our interviews. We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors. How sweet!!!

If you get a either a rejection or an interview invitation means that someone review your application. But when you get as a crappy response œwe have closed out interviews even when you applied in the correct time, you start thinking strange things You deserve a better explanation, do not you?

My question is the next: How you claim your money back for that? Because you paid for an answer, not for an update about the interview timetable.

This happened to my and I mailed the PD and coordinator of one of the programs to which I applied. In my email I told them that I had received their final decision but also I let them know that I would protest that directly with the AAMC (ERAS) because I applied for their program in time. They answered (believe it or not) that œtheir access to ERAS was malfunctioning and that is why they have not response to other candidates. Amazing! That is call professionalism

However I am in the same line and I will inform about his bizarre demeanor to the respective authorities. It seems like a scam

How many of other potential candidates are in the same problem?

i applied in 118 pgmmes heard back from only 52 ....
I agree with you. This is the big money making scam. The other thing is that why do they give an application deadline when some one applying on december 1st will not be considered. They should clearly mentioned on their website that "Application received after 2nd september will NOT be reviewed as our deadline is september 2.

This is pure scam to rip off applicants. you pay ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP and all after this no one cares for you. Why do we pay for something?? to get professional services.

What happened with the Big problem in some hospitals in new york? It was on the news... Something related to a fraud or scam..... This sounds familiar.... Lol
Share your experiences....
Any input is more than welcome
I think that AAMC must ask all the programs to give and answer to applicants: Rejection or interview. As you said we spend millions of dollars and we deserve an answer.
It is ripping off . Everything here is moneymaking. It is more the applicants the merrier ( fees).C'est la vie. We are at their mercy!!!!!
You know? We should let the newspapers know about his big scam!!!
don't take it to heart but.....................the only answer is tht if u don't get an iv from a program and some one else has got it.............it is a silent rejection.

even if u ask them........they might send u a rejection, but itz all the same.

i do agree tht the programs have to respond to everybody's application but if they have filled their slots and they didn't invite u........it definitely means tht they r not interested in u and don't want to offer u an interview.

i am sorry if this hurts u............but thtz the truth and in this competition, the programs ahve an upper hand
It is not if you receive or not an invitation or rejection. It is the fact that they have the duty to response... It is called good manners... Again how you know that they reviewed your application?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »