Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
books for starting internal medicine residency - boss74
Hey ATL2006,
Cecils is a great book and is in the same league as Harrison's. At one program where I interviewed, the ciriculumn mentioned that you may either use Harrison's OR Cecil's during the residency years...
I do not think you will have anytime to read. You will get spoonfeeding inresidency.Everyone will teach you through conferences even if you do not want it.So do not worry
manu
Many, there is a lot of hands on learning and beside teaching.

In terms of buying big books like Harrison's or Cecils, you make a good point....there simply isn't much time. More importantly, those books go out of date very quickly...instead residents prefer things like uptodate
Thanks vit! For some reason, Cecil is so clear for me, while Harrison is kind of boring. Just personal preference. I am glad to hear that I will be able to continue using it (I have lots and lots of updates to do...).

Thanks for your info about Washington manual. That is exactly the type of book that I was looking for. As soon as I finish my step 3, I will jump into that one.
Dont' rush to buy big books. As I know, many of the programs will give you Harrison IM, at least one of the programs I went for an interveiw does so. And some programs will give you a certain amount of money to buy books.
dont be in a hurry to buy washington manual..as 32nd edition is going to get published soon.
Great thread guys! Thanks! Finally we are having some productive talk here! Thank you very much for all the info!!
If you have a link info please post here
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »