Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 2 ck - harish1981
Gave my step2 ck today.

I feel very bad after finishing my exam.

About the exam:

1. It is a tough one. Please dont get discouraged. I felt like that.
2. It is awfully loooooooooong. It isnt just 9 hrs. It is 9 hrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.
3. It is exhausting.

About my exam experience:

1. Most of the questions were vague ( atleat 50% ), where I narrowed it to 2 choices but did not know what the board expected, especially management questions.
2. Psychiatry and ethics were awful.
3. I didnt have much time to finish the blocks. I finished most of the blocks with a minute to spare. I finished 3rd block before 5 min. Longest block was 6th block which i finished just in time, without even reading last 2/3 questions properly.
4. Every block I had flagged atleast 10-20 questions but except for block 3 i didnt have time to go back to the flagged questions.
5. Most of the questions were 10-12 lines .... few questions were 20-25 lines .... few questions were 4-5 lines.
6. I wrote my blocks 5 and 6 mostly sub-consciously ... i felt as if i was in a trance.
7. I was so impatient to finish the exam that i finished it with 22 minutes of break time to spare. I wouldnt recommend this to others.
8. Exam was 200% tougher than UW questions and the USMLE CD questions.

My sincere advice:

1. Kindly relax and rest well on the day before the exam. That one day will not make any difference.
2. I felt that I would have done the exam in the same way even if i had postponed it by a month or two. So dont postpone your exams unless you confidence level is very low.
3. Use all your break time well during the exams. Take chocolate bars and glucose powder with you for quick energy during the breaks apart from your lunch.
4. Try to read the questions fast because the questions are long. Please practice Qbanks in blocks and timed mode. This will help you.
Thanks for sharing your experience,
Good Luck for your results.
thnx for sharing harish,u will do good,u have a strong base of step1
what materials did u use and what will u recomend after exam ,those materials are enough?

good luck and all the best with scores.
good luck harish
any exam qs if you can post will be of help
regards showman
Hi Harish,
Thanks for sharing, now relax and enjoy life. Do u think kaplan-new q bank is helpful? ...since qs are too lengthy!
Best of luck for ur results
good luck to u...
is kaplan n uw world enough 4 this exam?...
By the way, wht do u think about ck fa? crush...secrets?...or is kap notes and uw enuf ???I dont have dat much time/money and i need to rush to take the exam soon, appreciate ur input. thanks again, John2007
good luck Harish wish you a great score inchallah.
to junaid

I studied for 5 weeks. First completed kaplan notes of surgery, pediatrics, obs & gyn, psychiatry & ethics. Did not study kap for medicine ( I had passed IM residency this year from my country). Then finished UW QBank in subject-wise timed blocks of 46 questions. Then went through the kap notes again. Revised UW QBank. Read Fischer's ethics ( thanks to forum member USMLEED for sending me this). Read psychiatry, ethics from FA.

I do not know whether these were enough. I had mostly vague questions in the exam. I think even if i had read more, it would have been the same exam experience for me.

Thank you junaid and sun 123 for your wishes.

I pray to God to help me and others in the forum.
thank you showman, john, dream88 and doc__happi
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »