Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does this mean ??? - sridevi
5.1 Match Commitment

The listing of an applicant by a program on its certified rank order list or of a program by an applicant on the applicant's certified rank order list establishes a binding commitment to offer or to accept an appointment if a match results. Each such appointment is subject to the official policies of the appointing institution in effect on the date the program submits its rank order list and is contingent upon the matching applicant meeting all eligibility requirements imposed by those policies. Those requirements must be communicated to applicants in writing prior to the rank order list certification deadline. It is recommended that each program obtain a signed acknowledgement of such communication from each applicant who interviews with such program.

Failure to honor this commitment by either party participating in a match will be a breach of this Agreement and may result in penalties to the breaching program or applicant, as described in Section 7.0.
it means you have to go wherever you match....so if you KNOW you dont want to go to a certain place, dont rank it because you might end up there via match....if you dont abide by the match, then your file will show 'breach of contract' or something like that...and that will follow you forever...into next years match and into fellowship matches
thanks a lot titans
and do we have any communication with program we rank before match....ie any paper works or email communications?
now that i have already submitted my ROL, what else do i have to do?

This is my first time in match..

thanks
anyone please !
;
since i am done with ROL certification, can I now relax and wait for the match day???
i guess thts all there is to do. i am glad tht u can sit back and relax though. I am so tense. how did ur ivs go? good luck.
if you already certified your rank list then you are done....nothing to do until match day....you have until jan 31 to get prematch offers...if you agree to a prematch, then you have to withdraw from the match
thanks a lot biochem2 and titans..
my ivs went ok biochem2, guess i have to rely on my luck entirely now....

GL to you guys...
How difficult is scramble?
sridevi, after you prepare ROL, you wait for match or scramble, from what i have heard, the programs usually donot communicate with you regarding ranking.

GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »