Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed twice, any kind sould please help! - thegreatgambler
This was my second attempt. Ist attempt 69, second attempt 67. I dont know what I did wrong. I did Kaplan notes & UW twice. I am devastated. I dont know what my residency prospects would be with these failures. Please, someone help me. I am very depressed & feel very down & hopeless.
Hi;you shoud know that fail is foreward of victory in any situation of life. let me know witch edition of Kalan books did you read?after that I help you.
Don't Quit!

Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5OookwOoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

First of all...make up your mind that you are gonna put your best this time...I know you must have put your best last time too...but this time GIVE your very best...(there is always room for improvement)...Make up your mind...BELIEVE that you are gonna do it this time...not just PASS but ACE the test...

Now...look in the performance of your score report and see which are your weakest areas...is it Endocr? OBGYN? CARDIO? MAKE YOUR WEAKNESSESS YOUR STRENGTH...Master those areas so much and so good that you ought to do well this time...look into the reason why you went from 69 to 67...you are suppose to be going up...not down...AND PLEASE take NBME's before you take the real exam...that will really tell you where you stand and then when you know for sure you are gonna do well...then take the real exam...keep your attempts to the minimum...see the kind of competition you have around and know that with attempts its not only difficult to get into residency but also many states have a cap on the number of attempts you can have in order to apply for their license...

Change the strategy...whatever you are doing doesn't seem to be working...make sure you use the current kaplan material...understand the concepts....do UW agian and again until you understand the concept...just knowing the correct answer will not help you in the real exam...know WHY that is the correct answer...why the others are not the correct ones...USMLE is a kind of exam which tests our concepts...it will twist the same concept, same theory in thousand different ways and present it to you as a all together different question...but what they want to test is the same - CONCEPTS...try to understand the basics first...find a study partner...use flashcards...when you are doing the UW...make sure you refer back to your Kaplan notes for each and every question and make note of that point you just learned from the question...I am sure there are lots of things you think you should change within yourself...realize those things...be aware...if you want to see a change in the results...you HAVE TO CHANGE!!!

Hope this helps...GL!
I used 2005-2006 Kaplan books. Masoumeh, is that the cause of my repeated failures?
Thanks ck007, i have printed your advice & I am going to enlarge it & put it on my wall. I really thank you bro for helping me in this difficult time. I can use any advice, if anyone else is kind enough..
Cheer up
There's always space for U to go up when u have failed
Try to revise the subjects that U did not do well
coz that's what u ned to work for

Did you give NBME before taking the exam, If you did how much did you score on that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »