Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enlarging nose, thickening of her tongue, - okt3
A 52-year-old woman presents to her physician's office complaining of an enlarging nose, thickening of her tongue, and coarsening of her facial features. She had started noticing the gradual change 2-3 years earlier, accompanied by soreness of the hands. No change in shoe size or enlargement of the limbs was reported. The patient denies having headaches. When she was 42 years old, she was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis. At the age of 51, she underwent thyroid surgery for multinodular goiter. On examination, her blood pressure is 140/90 mm Hg and her pulse is 68/min. A chest x-ray film shows a well-demarcated opacity, 5 cm in diameter, located in the posterobasal part of the right pulmonary lobe.

Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?

A. Gigantism

B. McCune-Albright syndrome

C. NAME syndrome

D. Paraneoplastic syndrome

E. Pituitary adenoma

c ???
Damn dude this question stresses me out! Paraneoplastic syndrome secondary to small cell carcinoma with GH being secreted. But, what is NAME syndrome?
for smoke
NAME syndrome (nevi, atrial myxoma, myxoid neurofibromas, and ephelides) (choice C) is associated with acromegaly due to pituitary GH-secreting tumors
Yeah, i don't even know if GH can be secreted from small cell - so maybe it is NAME syndrome (even though I have never heard of that one!) - lol I was thinking smoking related cancer since you said the whole bronchitis and coinlike lesion on the posterioinferior lobe. But, idk. Great question! Please drop some knowledge on me!
D.my guess
thanks 4 question
2)-The lung carcinoma seen on the chest x-ray film is most likely which of the following pathologic types?

A. Adenocarcinoma

B. Large cell carcinoma

C. Pancoast tumor

D. Small cell carcinoma

E. Squamous cell carcinoma
Adenocarcinoma
are you kidddddinnng smoke, If I can borrow your brain I will take the test next mondaySmile
LOL!!!! Dude, we gotta get together on juneflower's messenging session - cuz I seriously need to PICK at your brain cuz your questions have answer choices that I have never heard of!!!!! That scares me!!!! lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »