Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada ( Carms) applicants - benign1998
hello

Is there any body in the form who is interviewing in canada for psychiatry positions ?

This year carms "match" result is coming before NRMP . I was wodering if in case we donot match in canada ,Are we sure that we will be in NRMP List ,if suppose there will be any mistake in organising both matchs ,,we will be nowhere ?

just drop few words if your interviewing in canada ,so that we have some threads to keep in touch with each other

Thanks and good luck
hey benign1998...are there any special exams for canadian residency like the USMLE steps?
can you also give the process of canadian residency. thx in advance.
yes

exams are similar to USMLE exams,called MCC( medical council of canada )..evaluating ,part1 ,part 2

Yes we can process canadian residency interviews and match ,if we have taken those exams .and we apply in similar way to canadian programs ,.both the matchs run together ,if you match in one ,you are out of other match ..

thanx benigh 1998. do they consider my steps scores or I need to give the MCC exams again? just wanted to know. How is the situautin in Canada in general for IMGs? wat is the time required to give all the exams and attending interviews? pl reply.
I appreciate ur patience.
Hi benign1998,
I am registered for CaRMS as well but haven't yet received any invitations. My understanding is only if u match thru CaRMS then, u are automatically withdrawn from the NRMP OR if u want to match thru NRMP,the u volunatrily withdraw from CaRMS well ahead of the deadline. Have u rceived any invites thru Carms?Thanks.
lor

You have to take MCC Exams to enter into canadian system ,but since you have taken USMLEs your application will be considered strong

Situtaion for IMGs in canada is not encouarging, you only have good chance to get in ,,if you have good experience in that field ,it is just same crap as in USA ,but in canda there are very few positions for IMG ,that is why it is compatitive.

Exam time ..if your have taken USMLE STEP 3 .you can take all the exams without studing even as they also ask similar stuff .but problem is that MCC exams are not like USMLE ,which you can give any day ,MCCs you can take only twice or thrice a year .

Interview period is simlair to usa , program application in canada is not that expensive as in USA .

good luck
hi malvika

Yes I am interviewing at 3 places in canada for psychiatry .

yaa I am also ware of that ,,but I am little scared about ,if I dont match in canada and by some error they withdraw me from NRMP ..

wh spec did you apply ? is it your first time ?
Hey sorry benign, been out the whole time.i have applied only for psychiatry as thats the only speciality I really want.This is my 2nd yr in the match and I am hopng my last!Congrats on the interviews in canada...its way more tougher to get one there than in the US{ just my opinion}.A friend of mine was in a similar position like yours last yr..she ultimately withdrew from Carms a week before the deadline and luckily matched to her 2nd choice thru NRMP.She had 8 IV'S in US though and 2 in Canada. This was for IM.
Good luck with the match..both canada and US!
i heard there are only 11 positions in Psych in Canada for IMG's.
Is it right?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »