Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter from pd - sri
Is it normal to get a letter from pd at this point, saying that i am in their rank order list? does it mean they are going to rank me high? how reliable is this?
please help me, how should i respond to this?
why would they want to inform you if they are not interested in you. if you are interested in this program inform them of your interest.
I had only one interview and thats why i don't know whether it is a normal formality that the program writes to u that u are in their rank order list or it is a genuine interest.
definitely, you have a great chance. I would say you are comparable to an applicant who has 5 interviews without any feedback from the pds'.
thanks jps.
The PD has most likely ranked u...the only thing u don't know for sure is how high.
U will lose nothing by replying.Thank him/her and reaffirm your love for the program.make it brief and hope for the best.
thanks matrix, i replied a thank u note. i was just wondering does every program write to their candidates after putting them in their rank order list?
Sri,
Different PDs have different styles.
If they dont reply u, one isn't sure if one is ranked or not,....however, if they take time out of their busy schedule to mail u, that means, there is a somewhat decent chance that they ranked u.
now if they told u in the mail that they ranked u,..well,,,,I would believe them...but then u dont know how highly.
some just say "I look forward to seeing u on my match list"
some say "I look forward to working with u come june"
the vaguest ones say " I hope the match works well for both of us"
I'm not sure if I answered ur question or compounded it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »