Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took the exam.....finally! - killmle
It was a big nightmare or shall i say...a night terror !
What's important for this exam ( according to my experience) are as follows-
1. concepts
2. revisionsssssss....sssss ( get the point)
3. UW/kaplan/anyother good Q-bank
4.One primary source of books
5. FA
6. NBME's
7.Good nite sleep before exam

My exam was ' not' very 'doable' as i read very often in exam experiences here on this forum but i would say that practising lot of questions make this exam little more doable!
I feel, the key is doing 'lots of questions' & that do from the beginning of one's preparation. I waited for a long time before i started doing q-banks which is not healthy!

Exam was mostly patho-physio for me but also had plenty of pharma & micro/immuno questions . Very little anatomy ( mostly neuro-anatomy) & biochem. Plenty of questions had graphs/line diagrams/ histo slides/MRI/CT/ pictues.....so be prepared to see all those pictures & not get afraid of them ( i used to run away from Q's which had graphs!)
I got 1 media question.

I dont know what else to share.....oh, time management is crucial...so always keep the clock in your head. Last block specially kills you...so save extra energy for the last block - mentally as well as physically.

I want to thank strongsoul who was very inspiring to me when i needed it the most! Thanks to mdsurgeon....
Also, many thanks to usmleone_2005 & hellot333 ....who made my step1-life much more easier & helped me alot......
thz u very much for ur post,,,,
UW and nbme is enough?,,,,what do u think?can u give me advise,,plz?
mingalar, do as many questions as possible ( UW is a very good source) ....but i am not in a position to say whats 'enough' as im still waiting for my results !
congrats for the test. is there new patternof questions a block or so
do you remember to share any slide of ct mri pathophys q or any scenario plzzzz. tkx
thz for ur advice,,,killmle,,,good luck
usmlecrusher, what do u mean by new pattern of q's? there are 48Q/bloc with 1-2 media q's.
killmle, congratulations for completing step1, hope you killed the test, wish you score of your dream.

As usmlecrusher, is there any sequential Item Sets:
Questions are designed to be answered in sequential order. You are required to select the one best answer to each question. Other options may be partially correct,but there is only ONE BEST answer. You must click œProceed to Next Item to view the next item in the set; once you click on this button, you will not be able to add or change an answer to the displayed (previous) item.

Thanks and Good luck.
dont worry.u will definitely kill mle with a high 99!!!hard work always pay.have faith in Allah.
i want to do uw in tutor mode and subjectwise.what shud i use in timed mode in order to practice for real exam.kindly advise.
hi okt3, my frnd had xm last week and as he said, there is nothing like wat u mentioned...
good luck...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »