Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my girlfriend have a problem.help us with this - hehadoc
hi fellows. my girlfriend went to do the step 1 examination a week ago , but she had a problem . while she was doing the 3rd block, there was a blackout in the center and the examinees had to leave. when she entered again, she realized she started a new block different from the questions she saw in the 3rd block. we thought in a break time that it was a safety way from the system to keep the already seen questions , but when she reached the last block, she realized she finished one hour before and she couldn´t answer about 46 or 47 questions from a block, because the machine didn´t show them after the blackout!. the administrator gave not a solution in that moment, so she called ecfmg to inform what happened. she has called several times and sent them 3 faxes explaining the hassle, but one of the persons who answered the phone said that she must wait the score to see if she passed. i think it is just unfair in both ways. first, because if she fails, she probably will have to take again the test and pay again! .if she pass the test, they would steal almost a block and this will affect her because she would obtain a low score with difficulties to get a residency in the future. i don´t know if one of you have had an experience like this one, and if there is someone, we would like you to tell us yours and give opinions of what we could do .....thank you guys in advance..
thats so unfair!!!i have never heard of such a thing happen before!
sorry i cant give u any advise or suggestions ......but my sympathies and wishes are with both of u.
good luck and hope this thing sorts out...by the way what about the others who gave the exam on the same day/centre??!!!what have they done?
the test center she gave the exam was in guatemala city,guatemala. she was the only one doing the step 1 examination. there was other examinees for the toefl exam. i understand they didn´t have such a problem, although a couple of them were complaining but i don´t know why. what´s your opinion. what should she expect at least from ecfmg?
I had a classmate that took the exam last yr. The prometric ctr lost the exam he took that day. So he has to retake it this yr, no cost to him as it was not his fault. No score ever reported either. So do not worry, it the test center's fault. Just make sure your girlfriend has proof of the electrical outage & verified statement from the test ctr. It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. GL
the administrator knew what was the problem and she sent a report about the problem. a little detail is that we must travel abroad to take the test with the respective expenses.i think she is more concerned about if they could validate the session without answering almost a block! that´s why the reason i asked you guys your opinion. i have never heard it before! any other experience/suggestion?
anyone?
well, this thing i know about and has happened at the various centres. so we guys already know that if the light goes out never to take the exam , cause then you can miss a block, and then it becomes your fault. now you have to push before the result comes out, don't wait arount sitting . 45 ?s are one hell of a lot of ?s so email the centre and fax it and give several calls until you get what you want to get out of it.. ... this is what i think should be done and this is what i would do.
i was taken aback,plz keep me informed about what happened. my email address is decentguy_666 thanks.
Just sue against ecfmg
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »