Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical License for resident - ahamis
Does anybody know if the program coordinator send the forms of the medical license by mail or email?
I am asking this question because I'm not in the USA and it would take several days to receive these forms by mail.
I know that last year there were many people who had problems to get their medical license and H-1B visa on time because it took several weeks to get the medical license...
In Michigan, for example they require 4-6weeks to process the forms:

"It is your responsibility to have all required documentation sent to the Board of Medicine. Questions regarding your application can be directed to the Michigan Board of Medicine at (517) 335-0918 three weeks after the date you sent the application. Please allow 4-6 weeks processing time. Applications submitted without the required licensing fee, applicantâ„¢s signature and date will be returned."

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/cis_fh...4971_7.pdf
what is the process of getting the license? I am thinking to go back to my home country and I am also puzzled by all this papers and stuff, I don't know what to do, i don't want to be late or have problems coming back
also there is that rule that you cannot enter USA with more than 10 days before your job starts.......which is veryyyyyyyy annoying , there are so many things to be done
anyway, more information could help us
thankx
has anyone heard of a new rule, starting Oct 2008, that you should get a criminal background check application including a finger print before you apply for licence in Michigan? if so, plz help, esp that couldn't be done from outside the us, I guess
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch_c...7627_7.pdf
roxanescu
To start residency EVERYBODY needs to get a state medical license (except for NY; I'm not sure). It takes about 4 weeks in some states, after the medical board receives all the documents.

The residency program will send you some forms. One of them, you need to send to your medical school. Then, your medical school will verify your diploma and transcript (in some cases). After that, your medical school will send the form to the medical board. The other forms, you will fill out and will send them to your residency program. So, your residency program will check your forms and send them to the medical board. When the medical board receives ALL the forms, they will process your application, wich takes approximately 2-4weeks.
muhsr

It seems to be true...
If they request finger print it will take more than the usual 4 weeks...
And it will be very complicated to get H-1B visa, because you need to have your Michigan "Medical Educational License" to apply for H-1B visa and the residency starts on July 1st.
Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »