Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed for post-match - justin_
I would like to know how I can take part in the post-match if I didn't take part in the match itself. Also, what are my chances of finding a residency in Family Medicine. Graduated 97, have 18 months Ear Nose Throat and 1 year Emergency Medicine experience. Took step1 (77) step2(83) and passed Step 2 CS (got results few weeks ago) and I am a GC holder.
Since I missed the interview period, my only chance is the post-match and I would like to know what would be the best way to maximize my chances. Thanks for your suggestions.
register @ nrmp, and eras but do not apply to any programs, so you will get the unfilled positions list on match date.get one friend or two with an internet access, a fax, and two phone lines.after the match results are announced start contacting the unfilled programs.
to aa and anyone who knows:
can anyone here please advise me how i should send the applications to the programs during the scramble? Fax or ERAS? which way do most programs prefer? thanks
U need to apply TO AT LEAST ONE PROGRAM NOW!!!!!you are not hoping for interviews but just to be able to access the lists.THATS WHAT THE NRMP/ECFMG SAYS!!!!!!
if you have ever been to a pd office at that day you will realize that how it works. in my opinion:calling them is the best way,if they want they will give you a fax number which is usually different from the one that has been posted on their site, to fax your items.emails are good but the point is that pd's do not have free time to read all the emails.applying through eras is not the best option because you have to apply to a bunch of programs and it takes a lot of money and more important than that is that many of those applications will not be reviewed.they will be donloaded though. and adaeze is right,i made a mistake,sorry.you have to apply to one program now just to enter eras and nrmp.lol
thanks adaeze and aa for the kind advices.
i have registered with NRMP in order to get the unfilled postion list. one thing i am a bit confused here. why I have to register with eras if i am not planing to use it to tranfer applications during the scramble? i thought registration with NRMP is good enough for us to get the list. is this right? applying for at least one program is just to make sure the eras is working. does that have anything to do with obtaining the unfilled list? thanks.
to aa,
thanks aa for the info. you mentioned in your prevous post that "they will give you a fax number which is usually different from the one that has been posted on their site to fax your items". I am just curious why the fax numbers are different. is this from your personal experience or ....? do ost of the programs do this? sorry for asking. as it is really important for all of us who are participating the post-match.
Many thanks.
Based on the information I provided in the first message, what do you think my chances are to get a residency position in Family Medicine?
to ry:this was my personal experience last year,just imagine the number of faxes which are sent by all these applicants who are trying postmatch.do you think that they have enough time to look at them?
and to justin_:don't lose faith,if you are usmle certified and not picky about the program and place:YES, your chances are good enough to get you through.
Applying to one program at least , serves 2 purposes......
(1) You get unfilled positions sent to u so u don't depend on a friend or someone else.........that wastes time....(2)..Your documents and personal statements e.t.c. would be assigned and all uploaded and ready to go!!!!!!that way, u save a lot of time also.Lots of luck.i'm in the same boat as well!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »