Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bypass the Physician's Assistant school progr - tipusmle
long ago someone started this petition, please visit this web page

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/944651328

Support for Certified Foreign Medical Graduates

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

We are Certified Foreign Medical Graduates. We would like to be able to bypass the Physician's Assistant school program in order to challenge the Physician's Assistant Certification Examination. We passed the United States Medical Licensing Examination. We are qualified to apply for medical residency training to obtain our Doctor of Medicine license. We feel we are discriminated due to the elimination of Medicare funding for foreign medical graduates to undergo medical residency. It is very difficult for us to compete with the United States Medical graduates who have the funding to complete their residency trainings. We are U.S. Citizens who want to work. We don't want monetary support from the government. We are labeled over-qualified for certain positions in the medical field making it hard to find jobs that fit us. We are more than qualified to do a Physician's Assistant job. We ask acknowledgement that if a foreign medical graduate is qualified to work as medical residents then they are also qualified to work as Physician's Assistant. Foreign Medical Graduates are qualified to work under the Federal Bureau of Prisons as Physician's Assistant without a USMLE certification. There's no difference between Physician's Assistant in the Federal Bureau of Prisons and outside of it. How is it distinguished that foreign graduates are only qualified to work as Physician's Assistant in the Federal bureau of Prisons? We need your support to challenge the Physician's Assistant requirements/tests. It is not fair for us to undergo Physician's Assistant schooling when we already have the knowledge and education to do the job. This is just a waste of our time and money.

The Undersigned,
Correspondences, whether it's an email, a letter or a petition should be error-free.
You really need someone to edit this petition for you.

There are many awkward and many non-american phrases in your very short petition.
.....f.x. "challange the Physician's Assistant Certification Examination..........................." To use "challange" in that fashion is most likely a British euphemism. In the US it is "TAKE the physician's..................."

.....Moreover, you MISSPELLED "challange". The correct spelling is challenge.

Error filled writings sends a bad signal about the writer or writers.
Get an American to proofread your petition.
Your petition does contain a valuable piece of info: " Foreign Medical Graduates are qualified to work under the Federal Bureau of Prisons as Physician's Assistant without a USMLE certification."

Can you tell me where you found this info.
Thanks.

Hi man_from_zenon
I never filed this petition so no way asking me to edit or point out mistake, I signed for it long ago as some one posted it on usmle.net. Actual petitiner is Gloria Fernandez, find more on
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/944651328
thank you tipusmle for information
i have sign the petition but confused if it is too late b/c deadline of petition is 2005.

also my request to other candidates to sign it plz
they are not against IMGs in particular.it is what they call "job security"and designed to meet the needs of the US educated and trained people.they know that if they open the door the flood will come from everywhere.so as regulatory measure and a protective method to secure their future .so they are not anti IMGs but they are pro US students.
and truth wise we want it as a quick bridge of experience and bill paying.we won't be faithful to the career and we will add to the shortage of the job by taking it on a short term basis and will create instability and insecurity ,so don't blame anyone for creating and designing a secure job.
if we to understand the value of the ECFMG certificate as something very specific to the residency business, we will be much happier and more stable.
just calm down everyone, it is stressful time of the year .God help all of us.
I was very glad to see this website and to know that there is support for IMGs to fulfill their dreams to work within the medical community. I need to know if there is a way to challenge the PA exams without completing coursework? Any suggestions will be helpful.
Thank you
deme
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »