Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neeeed Help..Mount Sinai Florida observership - beyourself
Hi Guys, do any one know or has experience about Mount Sinai Medical Center at Miami as regard their mini-residency program specially general surgery. as i have the opportunity to go, is it good program or not and what about the living in Miami is it expensive or cool.
Brothers and sisters any one , i need your help
hey man, i am going there for IM next week, my slot is in March. dont have any idea about surgery , but the thing is at Mt Sinai, we will be on our own , have heard that residents dont particularly fancy us observers, not saying that they are bad, but they are busy with their own work and so we are left on our own for most of the time.

BUT overall its a good experience, the conferences are particularly good. but dont expect that u will 100% receive a LOR, thats like expecting too much. my friend will be going there for surg observership in July, he didnt think much about it either he thinks he is lucky that he got a slot. something is better than nothing. right?? so take the oppurtunity, get some experience, but dont have high expectations about LORs.

hope my view helps
as for the living , search on craigslist, i got a place on North beach near Collins Avenue, 5 miles away, around 4-5 buses go to near Mt Sinai, closest bus stop is .2 mile away from Mt Sinai and the farthest is around 1 mile away, no car for me, so i think the place is good, and the rent is 550$/month with a equal deposit

found it on craigslist (but be careful about craigslist, many Nigerian Scams are being operated there, i have written about my 'cragislist scam' experience in this section of the forum )
Kumaun..really it a very good advices, i hope you or your friend can e mail me nabil_nlm, really i want to talk more with you and your friend.
am going at the next August, and i will be at US few months before.
Kumaun where are you.
Guys any one has another View or advice
If you are planning to do an observership then you should consider doing it in Jackson Memorial hospital too as it gives you a great exposure and the best of all it's free.You can even get it for 3 months.Good Luck!
Any one already was there.......i need really your viewa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »