Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neeeed Help..Mount Sinai Florida observership - beyourself
Hi, be yourself., Kumaun..
I also have the slot there too.
I'll be there hopefully in April.
When is yours, be yourself?

And Kumaun, would you please let me know about your place,
Perhaps I can stay at your place after you finish your observership there...
I can't drive either and I realy on the public transportation...
Thanks a lot for your help.
Hi........

i got observership in cooper hospital camden...... Nj....

what r the chances of getting LOr for attending doctors....... i am not expecting more Lor but need atleast one.....as i am paying 500 $ for one month.......
actually the thing is ,the place where i am staying is omebody's house and they are letting out one of their rooms , so i really cant say if they will be letting out their place in April or not, but if u are able to leave yr email address here on the forum , i will try and ask them if their place is available and then i will be able to tell you

but here is my suggestion, try finding a place on Miami Beach itself, if u look at the map of Maimi then u will see that Miami Beach is seperate from mainland Miami. Miami Beach is further divided into North and South Beach . I will be staying in North Beach. but dont confuse North Beach with North Miami Beach . the latter is a part of Miami mainland. and then u will have to spend a lot of time commuting.

and as compared to South Beach , i think North Beach is a relatively quiter place. there are ATMs , Subway's , supermarkets in North Beach , so dont worry about that. i think u should 1st look in craigslist , type Miami Beach in the search box and then see what the results are like. look for places on Collins Avenue and Harding Avenue. there are many bus-stops there. and finally dont forget to see where the place actually is on Google Map. it will give u some idea about where exactly the place is compared to Mt Sinai and u will also be able to find places to eat , laundromats nearby. and another good option is to actually type Mt Sinai Hospital in the search box of craigslist. that will show u places which are quite close to Mt Sinai Hospital , infact when i was searching , there were many places close by ie 10 minutes bus ride away , infact 1 was at walking distance , but when i called them, they were already taken, so search for them, u might get lucky.
Hi Kumaun..
Thanks for your information.
My email is mayallofusbewellnhappy
I had a bad experience once with craiglist.
Do you have some alternatives to craiglist?
Thanks for your advice...
I'm waiting for your email...
Cheers
Hi Bewellnhappy,
what is your specialty, are you from India too, what did you hear exactly about MSMC.
hi kamun......, i just read u're writing. i am studing now for step 1. can u plz explain me that u mean its hard to get LOR in only at Mt sanai, miami only........not in other place.......it just give me worriness. what do u think? i should now only need to focus on step 1...right...... thanks and waiting for replay.
Hi onalim, concentrate on Step 1 for time being, get good scores in USMLE steps, because thats one thing which depends only on YOUR efforts, for LORs we need a bit of good luck so that we have a good attending

now i dont know personally how easy or tough it is to get a LOR from Mt Sinai, cause other people have told me so, when my observership gets over by March end, i will be able to tell you that

but personally i feel, getting an LOR from any observership is a bit difficult , not just Mt Sinai, cause we are not actively participating in pt care and the observership at Mt Sinai is just for 20 days ( weekends are holidays), so its tough to get an LOR, but i dont think its impossible, so all we can do is to try our best and appear as interested as possible and leave the rest to destiny
hey med12, can to pls tell how to get an observership at Jackson memorial hospital????
hi.all i am from India... my rotation in MSMC will start from April....any one interested in sharing accommodation plzz mail me............. debjit81 ...
i am a medical student doing my internship wil graduate in nov 2009 i am intrested in doing clerkship in usa
heard about americlerkships
how reliable r they?
wat r my chances of getting lor

can any one pls help me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »