Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it legal to tell the pd that you ranked them #1 - wanttomatch
I received an encouraging letter from a pd saying that they ranked me very high.. i replied saying that i ranked them number one and they are my first choice.. is it legal? I really like the program and they are number one even beofre they sent me the letter.

thanks
inputs plz?
anyone knows about that plz?
I don't think so.
you are safe don;t worry abt it...

for an individual its very plausible to express your strong interest in the program( even if it goes to the extent of saying that the program is # 1 etc.)..but on the contrary its very difficult for the program to say so!! They would wud be caught in the wrong foot...if they say they ranked u on such and such #... so they wud stick to the diffuse wordings of high ranking n stuff!! infer the best u can from that only

For instance I was offered a prematch at one of the hospitals however it couldn't materialize finally so..they stick to the point that they gonna rank me very very high...( signifying that probably i'm among top 5 candidates but they wouldn't tell me that whats my actual rank like!!)

institutions have their obligations which we as individuals may let go but they can't!! Its just my personal experience... other may definitely differ!!
It is completely safe, if you review the guideline on the NRMP: you can say I am ranking you as first, they can say that, but you cannot ask them, and they cannot ask you to rank first. I hope this clears the confusion.

GL guys, its getting closer
I agree with psychmeup. Probably none of the two can ask and/or negotiate with each other where they have ranked each other. Volunteering is allowed.
thank you guys!
are you guys sure that its fine... i read others opinion saying that its violation to the NRMP rules? i am worried!
please reply that r u sure on this that we can tell them that i ranked program on no 1...cuz i did same thing like wanttomatch and now i am worried ....i checked on nrmp but couldn't find anything .....please tell me where should i read in nrmp or post your link.....

please reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »