Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I go this from a program today... - sooperdooper
Hi Everyone,

I got an email from a program2 days ago. It came from a chief resident...

Here is some of what was mentioned in the email to me: (i did not mention the name of the program)

Does this mean i have a very good chance of getting in? Or is this just a teaser that the residents send out to many candidates? Did anyone receive such a positive sounding email?

Thanks for your honest input...
Oops you forgot the email Smile
Oops, thanks for pointing that out hellousa. Here's bits of the email:

"I wanted to express our strong interest in you joining our Residency Program and to let you know that we will be ranking you highly. I think that you would be an excellent fit with our program and would look forward to you joining our incoming class. I hope that we will be welcoming you to the XXXXXXX program"
100 % positive. Rank them in your top 5.
Rank the programs always with your preference......!!!!!

Why there are so many stupid guys around, and keep asking.....
Its okay tn9527. He/she got a good email. There is no harm in getting a second person's opinion. I would rank this program high.
Thanks hellousa...

I only had 2 interviews....so i'll rank them as No.1. I really loved that program too. (i guess my chances aren't the best with only 2 interviews right?)
People are in stress... but that does not help and you can do other useful things, like prepare step3...You will be a Doctor, need grow up....
thanks tn9527 for your aggressive responses. Thanks hellousa for your kindness.
I received this mail a few days back from the chief resident. I have assumed it as a good sign..the mail u got sounds a lot more promising...so I think you will match with them.

I hope you are doing well. I am excited about the possibility of you training here at xxxx University and feel you would be an excellent in to the program. I hope you continue to be interested in our program. Please let me know if I can answer any questions about next year for you. Stay in touch...yyyyyy(chief resident)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »