Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
once upon a time in Brooklyn - doraboots
i just remebered something by looking at the post about safe area in Brooklyn.....

i was new in NY and lived in a safe area...i was jogging in the morning and i went a bit far and entered the neighborhood which was known to be a baaad unsafe place.......i wont say anymore but thanks to God i have always been good runner... which saved my life.....may God keep all of us safe aamin
one doctor got shot outside harlem hospital (Bronx) and my own friend was hit on the head just for some money and woke up after 2 day stay at harlem hosp..
A female surgical resident was raped and brutally hurt very recently outside Brooklyn hospital medical centre at dekalb avenue during morning hours!
pubmed - REALLY?!

Why didn't you say anything when I posted a question about brooklyn medical center 2-3 days ago?! If I had known this, I wouldn't have put them on my ROL. I was actually torn between putting them on my ROL or not. Oh, God, I hope I don't end up there!
Sorry Leila711 probably I dint see your post otherwise I would have certainly posted that in advance..

It was a very scary incident- however, people had their version that because the resident was a bit bad mouthed she was specifically attacked! Worse what they brutally raped her and then even broke her pelvis! However, this has been isolated incident only near Brooklyn Hospital!
After this event they even changed shift timings for ER....

Don;t worry otherwise the place is OK! and don;t worry you woud match a place of your choice.
pubmed,

I hope you are right! I hope that the place is not that bad. In any case, it's really unfortunate and I feel very, very sorry for her, no matter how bad mouthed she was. No one deserves that!

In any case, I do hope I will match somewhere else, but you never know. I put BMC at the last position of my ROL, just in case other options don't fell through.... well, we'll see...
i hav heard jackson park IL is also same kind of place
leila, Salaam Sis, I have been to the area, there r good places to live but u hv to take subway, arround the hospital is bad place to live, hope that helps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »