Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please any advice ... - sd911
hey guys , am a med student from europe
i got 79 on my step1 first attempt, 99 on step2 ck first attempt and i passed the cs first attempt .
i did 2 mths of electives in harvard and i finished one year of internal medicine residency in europe .
is it reasonable for me to apply for an internal medicine residency and do i have a chance to get any position ?

thanks a lot for replying ...
Yes you have a very good chance.
Your good step 2 scores will get you interviews if you apply wisely to programs which do not have a strict score criteria.
Also try to get some good US lor's and be prepared to give a very good reason why your step 1 score was less when your step 2 score is very good.
If possible clear step 3 with a good score.
Good Luck!
i have all the step 3 materials for you...contact drsanchana
thx a lot for ur advice , i got some good LOR's from Harvard as well but am just afraid they wont give me interviews becoz of my step1 score

anybody has any opinion abt that ? thx for any advice .
I believe scores are an important part of the application.
But if you have research,extracurricular,publications, good letters,and a good personality you might have a chance at these big places.
But to be practical if I were in such a position I would apply to all the programs that has a flexible score criteria and also apply to a few of my dream programs like Harvard and others.
Getting the interview is the big part,once you get an interview you will be considered equal to any person interviewing there with a 99,99,99. So try and improve your interviewing skills and also focus on getting some more USCE.
Good Luck!
thanks , i hope at least they will regard my step 2 ck score as a good reflect of my real potential ....

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »