Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pds response plz help - topasscsa
guys i received this on 20 th feb, can anybody tel what this means. input will be highly appreciated

Dear Dr. xxxx,

Thank you for your kind note and your interest in our program. We have also received a very strong letter of support from Dr. xxxxx on your behalf. You are a very strong candidate, and we™re sure you™ll make a terrific resident.

That said, I must emphasize that the match rules prohibit us from making promises. Also, to be very frank, I must say that this current class of applicants is stronger than I™ve seen in the past decade, and it follows that the competition is very stiff.

Hopefully, you will match with us, but in any event, we sincerely wish you the very best of luck.

Warm regards,
any input?is it positive or generic message
seen by 14 no response
IT MEANS THEY RANKED YOU, BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO SAY THE EXACT RANK
thank you malleolus, for your kind reply, i am really worried because this is my first priority program but my friend told me it seems negative
I think this a good response and definitely indicates that the program has ranked you. I think you could match there but that is an other story. However this definitely qualifies as a good response.
thank you dr nicki,
Nah! Just generic. They might have ranked you some where in the last 1/3rd of their list. If the top part does not rank them, you have a shot.
really hello usa it is not very positive message. are u joking or serious?
guys plz give ur opinion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »