Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please make sure that you help someone after... - hellousa
....you match tomorrow. It is very important. Some of us like me, it is a matter of getting a job for the sake of continuing what I started as a medical student. For many of us, it is a matter of life and death. I know many people personally, who have risked everything on this shit. This residency stuff can cause serious emotional problems for someone who starts feeling him/herself to be a failure. The stigma of not being successful, being a loser, not being able to support his family, BEING A MAN... I hope and pray each and everyone of us match tomorrow..but if we match...make sure you support one IMG in his struggle. I am here because of someone giving me a break. Be that mentor for IMGs. People in US are very prejudiced. I have seen people at my work making fun of IMGs because of their accent, their manners and their communication skills. It hurts me. But as long as I am there, I will keep recommending IMGs. I am planning to be a faculty inshaAllah. And my goal is to be a mentor for IMGs and open people's eyes to a multicultural medicine. Be a mentor for someone guys. Do not forget your struggle and do not forget your people. And by people I mean the entire IMG community. Good luck guys. Do good and it will come around.
thanks hellousa for such a great post,i promise i will do every thing under my power to help imgs in each and every apect.,goodluck to all.
thanks but when you say "People in US are very prejudiced" I'm not agree with you, I wouldn't go to a country like that....maybe a minority but the US is a country of inmigrants and I think is one of the most tolerant and diverse countries in the world

Good luck
And I address all the residents who visit this forum.If you see a deserving IMG...atleast try!! I got one interview because one resident, a complete stranger to me, talked to the PC about me..May be I got it because of my own effort or may be the PC listened to him..In any case he is always in my prayers!!!
I dont know weezer which part of US are you in. I live in the most diverse city in Texas..and yes the most racist at the same time!!!Shake your head and come out of the Cinderella world. Its about time. Join the immigrant physician associations people, so that once you are done with fellowships, you can find good jobs because of your contacts. Never lose your IMG contacts.
NYC I guess is different here than in texas.
Hellousa please email your email address to me i am very impressed of your thoughts i want to ask some opinion my email is familymedicined.
thanks
uresidency
@hellousa: I have a great opportunity this year also because a foreign graduate doctor help. I will surely continue the tradition!
yeah I al
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »