Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is considered an OLD GRAD? - satnam
3+ years post-grad from med school? or longer? Thanks.
basically 99 year old male/female, who can hardly walk, hardly see or hardly hear anything is considered OLD for medical residency. I mean if one have good scores, excellent clinical background, USCE and CONTACTs, one can enter residency at any age. I had seen one UNCLE, may be in his FIFTIES or SIXTIES who was a resident. I had interviewed there.
Last year, I think I saw a post saying about mom and daughter joined residency.
"Old grad" doesn't refer to age, but year of graduation. You can be in your fifhties and be fresh grad. Most programs have a 5 year cut-off from year of graduation; therefore if your year of graduation is greater than 5 years you should be considered "old grad". And this cut-off is going down to 3 years now. OMG I'm just a "senile grad", having graduated 19 years ago. Praise God, I don't have to worry about the match since I have successfully prematched.
you guys are kidding me right? LoL
Thanks, Alpha. That's what I was referring to...
greater than 5yrs is the cut off to be termed an old grad.
Old ? I am 46 yrs and graduated in 1989. I am currently a resident in a university program. So dont be discouraged by age or grad years.
i am old grad too 10+.77 in both the steps and on 3rd and 2nd attempt. please advise what to do.
an old graduate is considered more than 3 years gradiuation, you can be 60 and fresh graduated, which is OK, in my case, I am 44 and graduated ain 1990 so I am a really old, old graduated.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »