Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
those who matched, how can help unmatched - tipusmle
plz do observership in hospital which had residency program

it will definitely help

i think u applied late

bcz with same cred my frnd got 12 ivs and matched wt out usce

100% u will get in nx match
I applied on sep 8. I live in california and i don't have ca letter. so, i can't apply in ca. Even
if i do obsership in teaching hospital it's waste and it's difficult to get usce in ca.
I did externship in private clini but affiliated with teaching hosp and use to go to that hospital.
Your frnd got 12 ivs thats great.I applied for 225 programs but only 4 ivs,I don't know why?
manas81,
with your credentials either you applied late or something in your cv lacking, no other reason to get few ivs.
ohmygod..

need visa
graduation year2006
western european citizen
step1 90
step2ck 99
step2 cs attempt 1
step 3 not yet
have 3 year home experience in im/family medicine
in USA did observerships any 3 different places in family medicine and internal medicine (private clinics) total 6 mns
applied 160 programs
got 9 IVS
got 3 very good return letters and emails after IVs
got 2 prematches though emails in december
and ! through written letter.

had so many difficulties just to get my ecfmg certificate
got many many other personnal problems during these study time
have a little family but thanks to my lovely lovebale spouse and my little angel child who never told me that I was having them suffer with me even though it was NOIT thier choice to take this exam.

many many time I rreally thought I was not going to match ....and I was NOT even thinking about getting Prematch Offer ..this thing was (in my mind) for higher intelligency people and who were AMG and UScitizens and green card hiolders.

Please keep your personnality unchanged on the day of your INTERVIEW show them how passionate you are for working in medical field How much you LOVE your profession and show them your Enthousiasm to be part of their Team even though they hav not given any signs of match or prematch....

GL eveyone.
Thank you all, the ecfmg journey is not over yet for me I have still step3 results
and again again I need your help (prayers)
you all of you who did not match.. dont....
your Hour will come soon next year...your Glorious time will be there next year and you will be partying next yaer at this same place.

GL
go ahead guys...we need more experiences..
i wanted to ask u..
i hav passed my step1 -99/246
cs result is waiting n i will giv ck in june
i hav done 3 observerships at 3 different places..
one is at san jose medical group
one is at good samaritan hospital san jose(community non teaching hospital)
third is at o connor hospital san jose(it has jus fm residency program)
so i will hav 3 uS lor from those 3 places...

recent grad 2008
wat r my chances of 2010 match??
does the obsevership which i did r good ones or average ones...
PLZ GIVE ME ADVISE
Hi Harsh,
Are you AMG or FMG? I m IMG in San Jose. How did you get those observerships? Am looking for observerships nearby and didnt know how to proceed. Thanks in advance.
am fmg(india)..i jus called all the docs in the hospital..one of them replied...n then i asked hospital if they wud allow me..n the hospital allowed...bt i guess experience in these hospitals is good or not..as they r n teaching hospitals..
i duno wat else can i do
u hav grt credentials..i dnt understand why u didnt match..did u choose ur programs properly..did u figure out wat was the problem
n where did u do ur externship??
hi dudefop
ur credentials matches mine i didnt match this yr
can u please tell me from where did u get calls and where did u get the match
thnks my email is mamc.girish
thanks. i did my externship at a private clinic in san francisco
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »