Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost hope. - zoonit
It seems am now a failure.Everything is against me.Passed all the steps1,2&3 with low scores of 76,75and 78.I was in severehardship when i was rushing to complete the exams.Now,am confused and do not know what to do.I spent so much money on my applications and receive no interview.Now i know am worthless.
oh dnt wory ,,, dnt loose help plz,, its not the solution ....
you should have been more practical in your approach. You know you have very low scores which you will never ever be able to change or improve. You should also have known that the cometition would be fierce and you stood a very low chance. Why to waste money on hundreds of application?

I mean you should have got more USCE, US LOR, research before applying and wasting thousands of dollars. I have 96/99/CS passed at first attempt BUT I applied to only 12 programs in IM. Why??? Becaues I got my CK result in December and I applied in December third week. And out of these 12 applications, I received denial in 11 programs because interview slots were already filled up. So at the end, I think I took a wise decision by not wasting three - four thousand dollars by applying in Late december. Though I wasted my one year by appearing in step 2 CK late, I am not a failure and no one can call me failure, even if I can not get in to residency for 30 years from now. This is my life and I don't care.

You still have chance, if you can get good USCE, US LOR or research. Start working in your application now for year 2010. Keep only one goal in your mind and keep reapeating one word all the time "I want to start residency in 2010, by hooks or crooks". Family Medicine is certainaly a possibility for you. IM would be litle tough without any contacts. GL and be patient.
Pyrimidine.

Thanks for your advice.I agree with you that i was very impatient.
You know zoonit? I am in the same position than you, and I know how you feel, but I became depressed only Monday, by Tuesday, i raised my spirit again, and began to study strategies to match next time, just as "pyrimidine" says, be positive about it and say "I want to start residence..., or better yet, "I have a position in..."(present time) believe in your dreams because if you don't, nobody else will believe in them, keep your faith up, trust in God and declare that you are as deserving as evrybody else...
I have only one iv, did not match, but guess what? in my iv we talked about low scores and the iver said to me "well, we know that good scores are impressive to look up, but that alone doesn't make somebody a good doctor, character does" so...keep your spirits up.
Love
angels777

Thanks.
I appreciate your kind words.
Zoonit:
It is a fact , I have more or less similar situation, this is my 4th trial and I have great disappointment from my inside. Next year will be harder and so on, there is no need for kind ward when you are going to a loosing war. Such kind of creditional are always filtred through the program co-ordinator before it reach people who make the decision and even though if it reach some they find better applicants than yours, these are fact and it will not change even if you have some CV, LOR improvment. The only solution and I mean it is to find some program and find some one who know you and they assure you that the program will accept you and give you a prematch. there is no other way throug the ERAS. This is my final experience after 4 years in this game.
ashkali.

I really do not know how to go about it.I,m just being consumed.
zoonit,ashkalil is right,i did not match either,where do u live,in which region?
happysoul123.

I live in Boston.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »