Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Carib imgs esp) Residency through score upgrades - shahana_palam
Caribelucky

Hang IN There-I too passed …after a Big failure
Hang in there! if it helps, I took it and failed it too on my FIRST ATTEMPT (despite blowing $6K by using PASS PGM IL- i.e., you get what you PAY for!!!)...I got a 187..so imagine the anger and disappointment I went thru when i first got the news :/. Anyway,I took out my anger by going to the park, taking walks, talking to people that really cared about me, mostly my family (of course), and they told me that I could sooo do it again, no worries and to NOT listen to the negatives...which alot of mean selfish people out there do for a living (maybe..lol). I mean all they say is "give up!, residency programs will not accept you if you failed the first time, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah" WRONG A'HOLES! Lol. Just remember that they (most hospitals) actually need you, regardless ifyou failed the first time. They want more doctors. If you look at most residency programs which I did, some of them say, "requires you to pass the step1 at least the second or third time" So I do not know where these selfish A'Holes are getting their info from. Failing step1 is not really a big deal...I mean once you are done with it the second time hopefully, try to hold a research position or volunteer somewhere to show that you really want this despite the fact you failed it the first time.

So be strong and listen up, get rid of that feeling as fast as possible...lol,and review this stuff all over again, just remember you ALMOST passed....all you need to do is add on! that's all you need "ADD ONs" well and grasping to the material that you probably missed while studying for it the first time.

This is what I did: I used my network from Caribe friends (e.g. windsor- 85% failure rate!) and found those that got 230s on 2nd attempt. using references I found a certified personal tutor (BBB) that got me through—aided by UW questions of course!.. (cost $12k though! CALL six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred ext eight three three seven six eight FOR THEIR 24hr- INFO LINE).

Again think about it...you ALMOST passed...so that means you have a potential to get way more than passing the next time around,
anyway! THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! I am positive you will pass the next time!

p.s. soorrry that my words all over the place. But hope you get my point here.
Hang IN There-I too passed …after a Big failure

Hang in there, I (Caribe) Passed -after a FAILURE!!
Hang in there! if it helps, I took it and failed it too on my FIRST ATTEMPT (despite blowing $6K by using PASS PGM IL- i.e., you get what you PAY for!!!)...I got a 187..so imagine the anger and disappointment I went thru when i first got the news :/. Anyway,I took out my anger by going to the park, taking walks, talking to people that really cared about me, mostly my family (of course), and they told me that I could sooo do it again, no worries and to NOT listen to the negatives...which alot of mean selfish people out there do for a living (maybe..lol). I mean all they say is "give up!, residency programs will not accept you if you failed the first time, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah" WRONG A'HOLES! Lol. Just remember that they (most hospitals) actually need you, regardless ifyou failed the first time. They want more doctors. If you look at most residency programs which I did, some of them say, "requires you to pass the step1 at least the second or third time" So I do not know where these selfish A'Holes are getting their info from. Failing step1 is not really a big deal...I mean once you are done with it the second time hopefully, try to hold a research position or volunteer somewhere to show that you really want this despite the fact you failed it the first time.

So be strong and listen up, get rid of that feeling as fast as possible...lol,and review this stuff all over again, just remember you ALMOST passed....all you need to do is add on! that's all you need "ADD ONs" well and grasping to the material that you probably missed while studying for it the first time.

This is what I did: I used my network from Caribe friends (e.g. windsor- 85% failure rate!) and found those that got 230s on 2nd attempt. using references I found a certified personal tutor (BBB) that got me through—aided by UW questions of course!.. (cost $12k though! CALL six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred ext eight three three seven six eight FOR THEIR 24hr- INFO LINE).

Again think about it...you ALMOST passed...so that means you have a potential to get way more than passing the next time around,
anyway! THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! I am positive you will pass the next time!

p.s. soorrry that my words all over the place. But hope you get my point here.

I totally agree, that program is worth every penny being that it is personalized and taught by arguable the most brilliant minds in dr Sean. Much better than being sucked into the black hole of the big name programs (we know their names). Thank your doctor Shaun for your tireless service to the IMG community . I am a proud graduated student of that program.
A Realistic Means of Getting a Residency (38,000 views)

http://imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com/

FIND OUT ABOUT A UNIQUE 100% Guaranteed-ONLINE USMLE Course THAT IS ‘Reinventing the way that we teach traditional medical education…as we explore and conquer, using new cutting-edge, high-technology learning frontiers of didactic delivery.. ‘

Visa Solutions

Obama Care and Residency Positions- AAMC and USPHS Publications

Old graduates: A realistic -logical approach towards enhancing your application, using USMLE Step 3 upgrades, USCE (Paid Physician assistantships or unpaid University externships), efficient residency search (programs with no USMLE related cut-offs or Grad date cut-offs and even with no USCE needed) and high-priority high quality samples of LORS /Personal statements

Other categories: Caribbean graduates and working mothers receive special advice to conquer the USMLE steps and achieve the network needed for residency…

2.USMLEs-Focused on those IMGs with past USMLE failures or working mothers or Caribes in med school that MUST PASS on deadlines--COURSES THAT ARE ONLINE and that must get you through--the full rating of the entire gamut from a current IM IMG resident that failed twice and used Step 3 for upgrades...

RATINGS of all USMLE courses and also FIND OUT ABOUT A UNIQUE 100% Guaranteed-ONLINE USMLE Course THAT IS ‘Reinventing the way that we teach traditional medical education…as we explore and conquer, using new cutting-edge, high-technology learning frontiers of didactic delivery*.. ‘

Visa Solutions

Old graduates: A realistic -logical approach towards enhancing your application, using USMLE Step 3 upgrades, USCE (Paid Surgical assistantships via scholarships or unpaid University externships), efficient residency search (programs with no USMLE related cut-offs or Grad date cut-offs and even with no USCE needed) and high-priority high quality samples of LORS /Personal statements

Other categories: Caribbean graduates and working mothers receive special advice to conquer the USMLE steps and achieve the network needed for residency…

*USMLEs: See above. More about the convenient course that is ‘Reinventing the way that we that teach traditional medical education…’ and how you should please avoid those “BIG NAME “ USMLE programs

RATINGS of all USMLE courses and also FIND OUT ABOUT A UNIQUE 100% Guaranteed-ONLINE USMLE Course THAT IS ‘Reinventing the way that we teach traditional medical education…as we explore and conquer, using new cutting-edge, high-technology learning frontiers of didactic delivery*.. ‘

Visa Solutions

Old graduates: A realistic -logical approach towards enhancing your application, using USMLE Step 3 upgrades, USCE (Paid Surgical assistantships via scholarships or unpaid University externships), efficient residency search (programs with no USMLE related cut-offs or Grad date cut-offs and even with no USCE needed) and high-priority high quality samples of LORS /Personal statements

*USMLEs: See above. More about the convenient course that is ‘Reinventing the way that we that teach traditional medical education…’
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »