Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PREMATCHED -multiple attempts ,low scores.My Story - md09
Hi all

Now is the time after many years that i am saying Good Bye to this Forum .Want to share my story just to encourage those who did not match .

I am an IMG ,need visa ,old graduate and i have applied 4 times in the match b4 but never matched . During this time i felt very down as if this world is going to end for me . i was struggling working at Gas stations ,cleaning parking lots ,Pizza deliveries .I always thought .Is this something i have come to US to do .i thought many times to go back and never come to US . But all these things could not let me down i worked on my CV passed step 3 ,gained US clinical experience in the day , and working at Gas stations at night .
I always used to read about alternative jobs at this forum like MPH ,Nursing Ectc but i worked to gain more US clinical experience .
And finally i had tears in my eyes when PD called me and offered me Prematch .I had only two interviews.and i accepted it .And now these nights at Gas Stations have ended .
I am thankful to GOD .
Please all those who did not match ,Never loose hope ,work on your CV ,take Step 3 ,Improve PS,gain more US clinical experience ,Apply wisely to program and one day your will get what you want .

Good Luk All and By By USMLE Forum
bye bye!!!! Smile
You deserve this nice end, after hardness there is always an ease. I will take your advise and do not give up. I wish you good luck in your life and hope that is the beginig of your happiness.
Congratulations!!! What a story, Like you before they gave u the chance, I am so discouraged as I am a very old graduate. Ppl tell me that no programs want old gr. (40y+)
Can you tell me please how did you gain US clinical experience? What speciality accepted you. , and the sequence of your exams?
Many thanks and many many congratulations that your dream come true after all the tough years.
Congrats on matching
a inspiring story.
surely will have happy tears running down when you fill gas at the station you worked.

Keep inspiring others

my mail monausmle

Thanks
many congratulations to you!!!
good job man..... your a hard worker who deserves alot..... again good job
congrats.
pl post your email,i have a question or drop me an email. thanks
njdocrp
pl drop me a line. Thanks.
i got prematch in Internal Medicine .

Well Regarding externship and observership ,there are few paid positions like Griffin Hospital ,CT and many others offrered by different websites . and observerships in UT Memphis .

Add some Research to your CV 3 months -6 months is fine but Resrach experience of 3 years is not good .It makes the impression that you are away from clinicals .

Do have very good communication with programs .Good followups .
No gaps in CV .Specialty Oriented CV showing long Commitments .Then Good Communication skills at Interview .

I hope it helps
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »