Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm in a dilemma, what's best for us, trul - matchnow
Sincere discussion is appreciated.

Study my desire specialty in my country (orthopedics), fullfil my dream, work as an orthopedician, earning on my country currency, feeling full of pride, working with my people, disappointing my family since I'm not in the US, not driving fancy car, not having good gadgets, not a beautiful house in a beautiful neighborhood (though working as an orthopedician would make me earn more money than those in primary care)

OR

Chosing to study in the US, my probabilities are only in primary care since I don't have excellent scores or research, etc, I will not be what I really want (surgeon) and will make me feel incomplete for the rest of my life (professionaly) but I will drive good cars, live in a nice neighborhood, living with people who might not tolerate foreing aliens, my family would love me as being in the US is the desired dream for everyone.

TELL ME WHAT TO CHOSE BEING SOROUNDED BY THIS THOUGHT AND FEELINGS.
Thin about what would make YOU happier....Your family will love you no matter what
Good luck
matchnow you are funny!
typical third world thinking!!!!!!!
if you sense full respect among your people, if you are treated by your country as a first degree citezen witll full rights !!!!!!!!!!!! why wanna leave all this and come to live with strangers as you just mentioned in your comment, simply, you can stay where you r , where you feel content with your professional life !!!!!!!!
plz leave some chances for those who came to USA seeking degnity , respect, and security....
beesh 81 stand up,fight and claim what you want dont beg matchnow to giveup on his dreams so that u can have ur dream come true.
hey rachna what would be your strategy to impress the pd?
Third world thinking? Well, just because I want my prefered specialty doesn't mean I'm thinking as a third world person. AMGs think that way, get the specialty they want because they are AMG and citizens and they aren't thinking as third world persons. If I wanted to come to the US seeking for dignity, respect a sucurity just for the sake of that I wouldn't have applied to the USMLE tests I would have married someone and end of the story.

Our elections and life goes beyond those three aspects, that's what we want for us. Besides someone who has a Medica Degree can't be call a third world thinker since there are US people who have high school at all.
I agree with weezer, think about what would make YOU happy... from your post, you seem to be more passionate about orthopedics, than the lifestyle. so I would say go with what your heart wants! I think many people can not afford to do that nowadays, and that's a shame...
and don't worry about your family, I don't think anybody that cares for you would want you to drive a nice car in a fancy neighborhood, while feeling incomplete and unhappy inside...
good luck.
who don't have high school degrees at all.
to shre,

matchnow never mentioned that his dream is to come to usa!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I am not begging any one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I am not aiming to let people down in order to make my dream come true, I can work on that myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very strange and weird thinking
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »