Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letters of reference - fexofenadine
Hi everyone,

I am an old graduate 2002. I hope to find an IM residency, and I am preparing the LORs. I will try to get one or two LOR from American doctors after doing observerships. So regarding the 3rd LOR, if I have to choose between the two, which is better, a LOR from my IM professors during my medical school who supervised me 7 years ago, or a LOR from a senior doctor in the hospital I am working in right now (which is a private hospital in my home country) ?

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks
please anyone help me here. Just tell me your opinion. It is very important for me.
if you are using the ERAS, you can send upto four LORs regardless of the program requirements.In most cases, all the four will be downloaded by the programs.
LOR from a professor carries more weight, but since it was 7 years ago, that may be an issue, so I would go with a LOR from a senior doctor. It is more recent, so I think it's better. Just my opinion....
what are ur creds, unless > 95 in both steps or finished residency in your home country, please dont jump in. It is tough in here. U might have realized by now, while doing observerships.
Thanks destinyusa, stateless and whatodo.

My scores are > 95 in both steps. but i didn't finish residency in my home country. I haven't started the observerships yet. Do you mean that I have no chances because of my year of graduation ?
Fexofenadine, I think you have chances if you stayed in the field, even if you haven't finished residency. Better send more recent lors from doctors who know your work. Try to find an observeship/ externship in US, it will certainly help.
use Lor recnet ones only unless you dont have any the more recent ones, better it is
Thanks malleolus.

Ok, since everyone didn't encourage the LOR from my professors because they would be too old, i won't bother getting them.
Thanks dreeeem.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »