Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USCitizen, FMG, Low scores - uscfmg
I am a US Citizen, and a recent graduate of Med School from India. My Step 1: 85, Step 2 CK: 75, Step 2 CS Passed (2nd attempt). Started an obervership at a US hospital. I didn't match for IM..What can I do to improve my chances?
Get US LOR, try to go for Step 3 and prepare well so you can get a high score to compensate for low Step 2 CK score. Try to have as many observerships as possible, so you wouldn't have any time gaps in your application. This should help...
do u mind sharing which hospital can i apply for observership? thanks.
hire an interview coach... you can email him at theinterview
In 2008 about 1500 qualified (ECFMG certified) U.S. doctors who graduated from international medical schools were DISPLACED from obtaining a position in residency training in the United States hospitals by non-U.S. citizens, who also graduated from International Medical Schools http://www.nrmp.org/data/resultsanddata2008.pdf (Table 9 on page 4). This is the fifth consecutive year there has been an increase in the number of U.S. citizens who graduated from international medical schools who did not match for a medical residency. And I also believe that there are many Qualified Permanent Resident Doctors who left without obtaining a training position.
the Department of State issues the J-1 visa: jexchanges@state.gov
J-1 is displacing American and GC qualified Drs
The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease
jexchanges@state.gov
I'm us citizen step 1 78 and step 79 matched 2008
http://thankyougodforresidency.blogspot.com/
It's better for you to ask your classmates in meds school in India .
usfmg

if u can contact me we can work it out together

i am in a similar boat

rachna.pant@rocketmail.com

thanks!
you should give up US citizen status since they give more spots to Non-US candidates.You are in disadvantage position. Check ou the stats this year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »