Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched at UPMC Mercy, Pittsburgh - matched09
Hi,

I matched at UPMC Mercy, Pittsburgh Hospital. Anyone else who matched there?
Will be great to be in touch from here on.

Thanks and good luck,

Hi matched09, congratulation. I plan to apply to IM UPMC Mercy next Match, and I need some information from you. Can you send your e-mail address to: drusdy. Thanks a lot.
mailed you rusmler...
hi,matched 09 and varma2000
congratulations
i had iv there.
pd sent me very positive reply but i didnt match this year and i plan to apply next year.
I would be greatful to you if you can share your experience with me
my id is m9374501076
Hey Beepositive,

Thanks for your wishes. I think the reason may be less no. of seats left for the match- "5".

Being a very good ( more so after joining UPMC family) program they had really tough competition among the applicants. More so I like the PD - he's very lucid about his thoughts for the program. If he mailed you positively you definitely were on their ROL ( unlike many programs where they mail everyone with flowery mails!)- but as I said due to less number of seats into match- probably the matching dint go that far down.

I'm sure you will match in the coming season. Good luck.

All I may say is that you are no less competent than anyone who matched just that they were a "bit" more lucky! Just work on the observerships, get LORs, do some research ( if possible) and have faith in yourself- you will be among the lucky ones soon.

Good luck

Matched in UPMC Mercy!
be wary of matched09

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=395449

either he matched in 09 and is trying to reminisce or something aint right!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »