Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
umass - jas1
how many of you ranked umass and where on ur list? i have ranked it 1st.
i have ranked it number 4. good luck to you.
I Ranked them 1st. I like the program, PD, the residents.. everyone was happy there.
i liked the program alot too .
i have 91/87 observership at a branch of UMASS no research or publications. what are ur credentials as in scores/ USCE/ research?
Thanks
Hi Jas1,

86-85-certified-GC-1999grad from Spain-work experience- Good US LoR's- Observership and volunteer experience in UCLA- I'm now Working as Clinical reaserch coordinator. No Publications.

I think how they like you in the interview is almost as important as the cucrriculum itself. It's very subjective. (If that morning the interviewer had a marital fight he will score low ...etc)

Hopefully both of us will get in UMass or another good program.
GL in the match.
Hi ps,

Did you interview at UMASS on jan 21st??
to jas1
97/95 certified 2003 grad us lor's from externships research with publications.

to ps
i dont know if you are kiddin bout the marital fight part ( seems so!) . i got a feeling thruout this interview process that these kind of things regarding the individual mood of the interviewer dosent influnce them as they are all far too professional.

to drbird
my list was nemc, umdnj, lahey, umass. it was more about how i see myself fitting in than anything else.....what are ur credentials if u wanna share with us.
To Doc1

Great credencials Doc. They are very professional but you can not deny the "human factor"; if you conect with the interviewer he will score you higher, if he is "not in the mood" he will score you lower. As simple as this. Of course we prefer to think that the process is objective but it's not that simple...
Anyway this interview score is just one part of the ranking process. Mostly is to be sure you are a nice/team player/professional/not wierd person. They ussually read all the application, LoR's, PS, scores, they have several meetings and then they rank....

Good luck in the Match and I hope you will be happy whereever you end up Smile
Hi Doc1,

I have to say first, that you have great credentials as well as great ROL!! My creds are 87/90/certified US citizen, 6months US clinical experience (externshp) and 4 US lors. My Rol is 1. UMASS
2. Wright State
3. Ball memorial, IN
4. Atlanta medical center
I understand that UMASS has great fellowship opportunitis which influenced my decision. Goold luck to all of you!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »