Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help Urgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent - whipelli
I would like to practice medicine in the state of illinois. But my problem with USMLE is that I passed these exams in the following sequences and attempts:

USMLE Step 1 Passed 1996
USMLE Step 1 Passed 2009

USMLE Step 2 CK Passed 2002 1st Attempt
USMLE Step 2 CS Passed 2006 1st Attempt

USMLE Step 3 Passed 2007 6th Attempt.

I am aware of the State of illinois requirements below:

Illinois
(217) 782-8556
Application fee $300
Accepts FCVS 2 years 5 attempts at all USMLE Steps combined; 5 attempts at COMLEX Levels combined 7 years to complete USMLE; No limit on COMLEX

If I want to practise in the State of Illinois, what do I need to do?

Thanks
This number has been so busy!

Illinois
(217) 782-8556
I talked to them yesterday only...
got it on 1st call....

it can never be that busy, that you can not approach them... !!

I doubt...
gujupeds..........what number did you call?
(217) 782-8556
no hope?
gujupeds,

do you have any other?
m just confused. how were u able to take the usmle 2x when u have already passed it in 1996, then again 2009?
) Any applicant for licensure to practice medicine in all of its branches who has been unsuccessful in 5 examinations (any component, part or step of the examinations accepted by the Division as set forth in subsection (a)(4)), conducted in this State or any other jurisdiction, shall be deemed ineligible for further examination and/or licensure until the Division is in receipt of proof that the applicant has completed, subsequent to his/her fifth failure:

A) a course of clinical training of not less than 12 months in an accredited clinical training program in the United States or Canada in accordance with Section 1285.40; or

B) a course of study of 9 months in length (one academic year) that includes no less than 25 clock hours per week of basic sciences as set forth in Section 1285.20(b) of this Part and no less than 40 clock hours per week of clinical sciences as set forth in Section 1285.20(d) of this Part; or

C) any other formal professional study or training in an accredited medical college or hospital, deemed by the Division to meet the requirements of subsection (a)(8)(A) or (B).

9) Failure to appear for any component, part or step of the examination for which the applicant has been scheduled shall be considered a failure of the examination.

Whipelli- even though you happen to be supporters of GC group I have this info for you Big Grin Tongue

Kidding mate- I dont care if its about sharing the information.. we all are fellas

For training licence - Temporary License - NO REQUIREMENTS AS REGARD AS ATTEMPTS IS APPLICABLE. NO SCORES REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAINING LICENSESmile

So don;t worry mate- you will get the license without any problem an you'll do great with ur residency as well..

Those guys take forever on the said contact no. min wait time will be insane 40 minutes! If you wish I can paste their reply and if you want I can let you know their email id where you may have a reply!

Take care,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »