Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone on J1 research - kukhyata
Hi mlegriller,

Just wondering if you know someone who already went through this conversion process. I talked to ECFMG and this conversion is not difficult, but only problem is time. You're telling that people get everything done by July, how true that is! if you may forward his/her email to me at nor_adrenaline9

Thanks

I dont know anyone personally. But ECFMG said that the process takes about 30 days. And I think you do need to get paperwork from homecountry which will mean a few more weeks. If you check previous messages, I have seen people posting on this topic.

If you are going to do this next year, I would suggest speaking to ECFMG in advance and getting the home country details ready now - what papers, whom to approach etc. That way, you can start it off as soon as your contract is signed.
SO good luck as you will need it !!!!!
the sure thing:

If you change from j1 research to H 1 clinical from within the united states.It will take 10 days!!!! that what I have done. I don't know about the other things but to j1 clinical from within usa it will take up to 90 days according to ECFMG. Also,I was not subjected to the 2 years rule whic h depends on sorce of funding and skills list of your countru but I heard you can get the waiver easily on a base of no objection. In my opinnion , your best bet is get a prematch in an h1 program and change it from within the usa. good luck,I was in your boat last year
just thought evryone would enjoy as everyone trying to hate eachother instead of utilizing this forum...... so jus wanted everyone to chill
Hi friends,

Congratulations. I would really appreciate your help in guiding me abt how to find a J1 research job where i am ready to commit for 1-2 yrs. Where did u do it from and how did u manage to get it?
Am not able to understand where to start all this from
Thanks soo much..
in case there is something which u can mail, my id is smile843
Thank You once again for all your help.
Good Luck for ahead. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »