Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Hellousa ! - claudiawings

Hi Hellousa !
I want to thakn you for every thing you have been posted in this forum. I´m sure all of it had been very useful, specially for me.

I have a very similar history as you has because I´m a pediatrician mom who moved to USA due to my housband job 4 yeras ago ! I went to the MATCH this year with a very few posibilities because I applied only around my home, as you said ,as a family we can not move to another place or state. Futhermore I was applying on CALIFORNIA Programs and I know CA is very competitive field even for AG but thanks to my GOD and Sevior I got MATCH on my First choice of ROL. !!!! ( ALL in PEDS )

Now, I want to take STEP 3 before star my residency, and I need your advice. Do you think I have enough time to do it ??? I have tree months and around 6hours a day to study ( when the kids are at school ) I learned yesterday that they assign your eligibility period , if I apply now, how I know if they are going to assign me before July ? I will present it on CA.

Thanks in advance.
God bless you and lead your road in your residency.
Hhave a nice day
hi claudiawings

I m in the same boat...wanna take step 3 before the strt of residency ...drop me a
line if u r intersted to work out things together

my email is jotkk

Thanks
I have just registered online and yet to send them my paper work(whatever it is!). I am not sure about the process though. May be someone else can help both of us. Wink

Thanks and Good luck to you as well. Sometimes a mother's prayers reach the heavens earlier than rest of His believers. I am so happy I will be with my kids during my residency. Cant thank God enough!!

Thanks for your quickly answer ! Well... we are in the same boat ! I will keep praying for you.
And that´s right GOD have been listened our prayers ! I´m so happy too and my kids are excited with the news ! I feel so blessed !

keep in touch !
i havae to do step 3 too before residency
lets do a skype group and push ourselves to the limit and pass with a great score
@hellousa...

I guess you matched in california... congrats on that... I wanted to know how competetive it is for IMGs.....
claudiawings,

are you in sf bay area or some other part of cali? if you're in sf bay area, please reply. I have some questions I wanted to ask. let me know if it's ok. thanks.

mqa
You can definitely take step 3 and pass in this time. Apply immediately, send in your paperwork and wait. Sometimes it takes upto 15 days but the eligibility period starts immediately once they approve it.

Read FA, Crush and Step 2 lecture notes. Do UW and the single NBME form for assessing yourself. Get used to the CCS format and practice the software on USMLE.ORG

You'll be good to go.

To mqa
I´m sorry. I´m on Suthern California. I matched at Los Angeles Hospital. But if you can discuss any thing with me, will be my pleasure !
my email alasglendora

To mlegriller
Thanks for your help . Thanks for clarify the things and your advice. I really appreciate it !God bless you !
claudiawings,

thanks for the offer. i really appreciate it. I will email you if I have questions sometime in the future.

mqa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »