Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Body Changing Status from F1 to J1 - md09
Hi Guys i am on F1 and going to change my status from F1 to J1 in US . anybody who is doing the same please contact to share the strategy at Ahsinmalik79

I have read the USCIS website and it says that the avg processing time for this is 3.5 Months .I think programs can wait that long .

Do we need state license to apply for it as it is required to file H1 Petition?

Thanks

do not do it . you have to have waiver for the 2 year, otherwise it will be bad in the feauture
i am looking to get waiver after that .
How it can be bad in future
Hey Ya I matched in Surgery at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center here in Memphis and would be changing from F-1 to J-1. I am actually looking forward to establish a research center in Oncology back home so going back for 2 years is a blessing in disguise.

I have started by talking to the GME assistants and also by looking online on ECFMG.

What info have you found till now?

I have almost have researched all aspects of it like time duration and how safe is it to do from here.Pros and cons etc
I didnt clearly understood what you meant by how safe it is. It is a non-immigrant visa and as long as you can show that you meet the eligibility and have the funds to support yourselves either personal or dedicated salary, we should be okay.

To start in July when is the latest that you think we should start the Visa process? Again thanks for your help.
HI.....i will also be changing from f1 to J1 .........md09 i would suggest not taking a chance to get the application processed here as the 4 month time is after u get the DS2019 ..........
do u have different information?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »