Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plz,me again for advice....sammy, jayasurya...etc - dream2liv
hi everyone....
me here again for advice of u ppl ......plzzz give a sincere advice ...as in what i shud do...
here is my case history..
i am a recent graduate..last march....cleared step1 in nov, 99/243 (had prepared for 6 months , seriously from june onwards)....
took dates for ck and cs in march and april respectively..started with ck prep in dec...but then family issue came up and was totally off studies for 2 months jan and feb...
whole dec..one leisure reading of all kaplan lecture notes ..
end of feb ..back to studies in full zoom ....started with kaplan lecture notes..one whole reading of everything till mid march .....signed for uw for a month...had shifted my exam from march to april ..so took one month ....
another prob was my testing region (IMG being from india...i thought before going to US for cs i shud be done with ck ..so i gave tesing region as india...and till today i was thinking that wud be not an option as to change my region to US..so my eligibility ends in april only)

but today called ecfmg and they said we can extend the eligibilty period once and for testing region change..i can fax them my application with my signature..and that wud suffice....hopefully ...
so now i am in dilemma ..as to wht to do....
first option is to go ahead with the exam in april....regarding my prep ...i am doing my 2nd reading of kaplan..and done halfway of uworld..medicine + gyne with cumulative 57% and (pth percentile around 45 %) and not given any assessment yet ...still have another 22 days ...to finish uw + kaplan...

second is to get that extended ....and go to US in this month end for CS...as its in mid may ..and then continue prep for ck again after mid may to give exam till june-july ...
well i am seriously confused ..will this extension be of any help ....as in many things are croppping in between ...and being in india ...we have always given exams on scheduled dates that never change....and so we were made to believe that we can study only under presure....
i am really sorry for being so long ..but i hope u ppl can understand my mental status as in where i cant make up whats best for me..for in the end...the score that matters the most ...is at stake..
so plz...forum guys..if u have taken so much pains as to read this whole history ...plz help me to come to a firm answer......what wud be the most appropriate next step in this case....

thanks a lot in advance...
i hope u ppl will help me as u always do....thanks again
good luck to all

i am really sorry for being so long...
but wanted u to know all pros and cons......so that an informed decision cud be made by me with ur help......
hi dream2live, the only thing what u can decide lies on what u are expecting ,if u want double 99 , u shud have to imorove ur uw perforormance @least to high 60s or 70s ,in a timed & mixed mode & also to be more realistic ,try to do NBME tests & know w/r u lies and then u can safely decide
thanks...tibebe........
as u said...i really want to score well...so shud i go ahead with prep.and see ...if at all the true criteria are fulfilled or not ...thanks for ur input...
plz others also advice....
guys ..plz help me in decision....no inputs .....plzzzzzz
thanks in advance
hi fream2liv....i understand ur situation b'coz once i was in ur situation....dont b in hurry...i think u shud extend and give exam confidently....but this only advice.....gl
sorry dream2liv for mis spelling
Hi dream2liv:

sorry for being late on your pos. You are definitely a man with good concepts, seeing your prep time and performance in step1.But I recommend take more time for step2. there is no purpose in taking the exam earlier. You can pay them the extra money, but think of that as the price for your busy-ness with the family matter, which I am sure was inavoidable. Take more time; you can take CS before CK. Ck result takes lesser time than Cs, so your certificate issues will be solved anyway.
pri0089
thanks for ur suggestion..n if u were in my situation...u must be knowing what it feels....but yes ..now i am also thinking of postponing stuff ...as all of u are suggesting that...

sammy08...thanks for ur post...i know u must be enjoying with ur wonderful results...congratulations once again...and i also now feel the same...for giving exam without confidence and strong prep wud land me somewhere more critical than now...
thanks for replying again..
good luck to both ..
My pleasure dream..Wish you all the best with CK.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »