Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
program goes unmatched? - right_doc
what does this mean?
I had wonderful review in one of the programs
but they did not rank me at the end of the day
but - I found out later that one of their positions went unmatched which is unusual in surgery
what does this mean to them and to the program?
They may have kept that open for unmatched students from their university
they might have some visa seeking IMG who is willing to work for them for Free for 1 year...Smile
hi mlegriller is right!
lol now drwho101 you are becoming paranoid Tongue
paranoid delusions.. Big Grin get some rest mate
Hey
It's categorical surgery spot. I don't think they would play with it. Its very highly subscribed.

I thought they got their calculations wrong!
Over confident!
right_doc you are right..

DUKE IM program went unmatched on a few occasions luckily NOT this year!!

Similarly, this year I was appalled to see Wright state University, Dayton going unmatched for 4 seats out of 18! I doubt if the program is BAD!! Its a University program with best of the facilities..
so Over calculation is very much a possibilitySmile...
It was nice to see a couple of programs went unmatched - who really appreciated me during my interview - but didn't even rank me. Even during our post IV lunch session - I had some special reviews.

It was nice to see in a way - it had some unmatched spots. Some sadistic pleasure!
yeah I can understand ...But these places are somewhat hardcore as regard their ROL is concerned... I dint read very favorable reviews about DUKE!! The recruitment seems to be a bit hard on the candidates... and thats why they get rewarded by these unmatched positions..

also, at times these positions are pre orchestrated..to accommodate candidates of their choice during Scramble! may be the candidate was lacking some exam etc..

But anyways its never a pleasurable sight to see a program going unmatched may it be Mass Gen Hospital, Boston or St. Barnabas!
May be.
Personally, I feel its an insult to the program!
When St Barnabas gets filled and not Dukes!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »