Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will completing MD Biochemistry in India help. - doc1975
Did not match this time also. Scores Step1 83 ( 2nd Attempt ), Step 2 81 ( 1st Attempt ) and CS passed (1st Attempt). 1998 graduation year. Will it help to do MD biochemistry in India and come back to US after that . What r the prospects of MD Biochem in US should we complete any other exam.
i will highly recommend that any degree from USA.....i dont think that indian degree will help u much....GL...
MD Biochem will help you get into some bench research. But will not help much with regard to clinical skills/experience.. But research exposure may help you build contacts for any possibility with residency..

But over all average scores with attempt and old grad is not a very pleasing sight for PDs when freshers with stellar scores, USCE, research Pubs etc in are available in abundance...

Please weigh your options before you invest more money and energy here for residency..

goodluck
No. I had PhD from USA and research experience but did not help. Do not waste your time with that some PD even does not know what is PhD mean. GL and keep persistance you will get into. My advise look for indian guy who is welling to help you, this is the best.GL
do PHD in biotechnology ( infectious disease pathway) ...that will help alot.... specially at places which have infedtious disease fellowship....GL
ashkalil..I just wish to caution regarding finding a Indian guy for help!

I think probably Indian/Desi guy would be Not that helpful... I would any fine day prefer a White who would go by my capabilities..Not sure why it happens but Desis don;t really have a very supportive attitude to those who are struggling here or beyond!

May be I'd bad experience!! But I've heard similar stories elsewhere as where..

But yeah if you have none to help then even Desi would do..but given a preference go for a white ( who has decent enuf track record with people)

just my 2 cents...
Matched,

are u a guy?
Matched 09:
What I mean is some of your Indian friends for sure will have some connection and those are the best to find you some point to start from. I see the indian people help each other in USA, may be i am wrong. Other people help only thoses who can sereve them, they do not go behynd certain points and they will not think how to solve the problem for you. Persist and you hope one day will meet the chance. One other thing if you plan to do PhD do it in Epidemiology then you can easily find a job in WHO. it is much better than medicine and it will be a turing point in y our like. GL
HI All,

Thank you for the replies. I have an EAD visa and also USCE at a private clinic for 3 years and still it was tough to get any position. So will try to do something else as it has become impossible for old graduates with average scores to get into residency.
@rinnu: Yeah I'm a guy [ are you disappointed with me?]
Let me know if I can be of any help to you!! I mean "ANY"... Big Grin

Take care Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »