Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I give up? - tallent
RESIDENCY 2009

In 2009 about 2000 qualified (ECFMG certified) U.S. students/graduates from international medical schools were DISPLACED from obtaining a position in residency training in the United States hospitals by non-U.S. citizens, who also graduated from International Medical Schools http://www.nrmp.org/data/advancedatatables2009.pdf (Table 4 on page 4). This is the sixth consecutive year there has been an increase in the number of U.S. citizens who graduated from international medical schools who did not match for a medical residency. And I also believe that there are many Qualified Permanent Resident Doctors who left without obtaining a training position.

One visa commonly used by foreign national physicians is the J-1 visa, and this visa not to displace us. http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/84240.pdf

Department of State designated to issue the J-1 visa to non-citizens:
Office of Exchange Coordination and Designation,
U.S. Department of State,
SA“44, 301 4th Street, SW., Room 734,
Washington, DC 20547; 202“203“5096
Or e-mail at jexchanges@state.gov
(Mail it and email it, do both)

This is OUR TOP PRIORITY because it™s the most efficient way for this short period of time.

I WILL NOT DO IT FOR YOU
I WILL NOT DO IT FOR YOU
I WILL NOT DO IT FOR YOU
I WILL NOT DO IT FOR YOU

YOU MUST DO IT FOR YOURSELF ASAP.

They just pull up other posts to distract you.
Don™t let them distract you.
Don™t wait for somebody else to do it for you.
It's very simple and clear.
Time is running out.

Department of State designated to issue the J-1 visa to non-citizens:

The IMG non-citizens, non-permanent residents who used to displace us from programs in our neighborhood or from good teaching programs, right now they are displacing us from obtaining a position.

Department of State designated to issue the J-1 visa to non-citizens.
We have a very short period of time to make Department of State aware of this situation.

It's very important to hear you (at the right place)
suggestion: identify 10 programs that you truly love and make sure that you become a known entity prior to the next match, e.g. by writing research papers with some faculty or by interning for a couple of weeks.
never! unless you think you will be better of without being doctor...I havent match 2 times but still tryin......it seems thae you dont have step 3..pl take step 3 ..it matters a lot....having Gc and exertnship will definitely help you ...good luck ...we shall ace this!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »