Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to petals, nady, mmcdoc, dvr for PA license - docneedhelp
can you please leave your email id here?

my email is docneedhelp
I need to ask qquestions about PA state license. thanks
Anyone please can help me with Pennsylvania state license?

In medical education credential verification- what does Weeks in academic instruction completed mean? s it basic sciences subjects/non clinical years? or total weeks at medical school ( non clinical + clinical)

thanks
as far as I know
it costs around $1570 for filing alone. In addition to this, Attorney charges apply.

Below is the break down of H1B filing fee:

1. $320 for the base filing fee;
2. $500 for the fraud prevention and detection fee;
3. $750 for an additional fee if the petitioner employs a total of no more than 25 full-time equivalent employees in the U.S. ($1500 for an additional fee if the petitioner employs more than 25 employees)

If premium processing is chosen, there is an additional $1,000 premium processing fee.

please confirm it WITH USCIS

HOPE THIS HELPS..
GOODLUCK AND GODBLESS
OOOOOOPS.. sorry
i have the same question.........any one please help
well docneedhelp, I'm also filing for PA license- even I have this doubt. But at the end of the day I think these questions your med school needs to answer- so probably they would be knowing it better. Still if anyone has more insight into this matter, please let us know!

The wording is otherwise very confusing- can be either of the two as you said- nonclinical postings as well as overall clinical + nonclinical!!

any more takers?

http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vo.../1634.html
while searching on internet i got this link which is not very clearly specifying the requirements but what i think is

a) Weeks of academic instruction means- class room teaching non clinical subjects+ clinical subjects.

b) Weeks of Clinical instruction means- ward duties during 3rd n 4th year + clincal clerkship rotation (internship).
Hey aksh,

Thanks for the link. But I couldn't find out any reference to the academic instructions duration there..
but one good thing that I realize is that, they are very lenient with the months- weeks. click hours etc. so even if our Med school $crew up a bit..we might just be able to pull it up Tongue

I'll ask my GME tomorrow and post some more info here soon..
hey matched09.....
please do post if you get some clue abt it. seems very confusing.
in the paragraph below,are they not referring to academic instructions when they say 4000 hrs of instruction? please correct me if i am wrong.

requirements that graduates of foreign medical schools demonstrate 32 months and 4,000 hours of instruction and 72 weeks of clinical instruction. Section 17.1(b) is further amended to indicate that applicants may use the FCVS to verify their credentials

Hey Aksh,

Good point! I'm now very sure its the complete (non-clinical + clinical) weeks...
as these are the points that these guys have been considering since long!!

And infact they considered this very criteria ( before this amendment)
Academic- 32 months= 128 weeks /4000 hours
Clinical- 72 weeks

And overall why would they be much interested in Non Clinical postings separately!!

I still will confirm this but in all probabilities I'm going with this version and will be informing my med school to fill in details accordingly..

you may mail me at matched09 we can keep in touch for more info!

take care
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »