Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i passed CS-nw i want to help people-my viewpoints - harsh
@aprilcs--
the pt note i wrote was same as uw physical examination proforma..
and abt uw..i need ur gmail id..the file is 15 mb..n yahoo jus allows 10 mb so..

usmleboss---
on exam day..be neat n clean..if u r a boy shave twice...hav a clean drycleaned lab coat clean shoes n all that ...hair trimmed nails trimmed...
dnt panic...jus do the cases as u did in practice..smile...and try to ask most of things..remain connected during hand washing..i used to ask abt work stresses at work..family life ...n sleep during my hand washing...
summarize very well after history taking..n tell the sp..that "THAT LEMME SUMMARIZE WAT U HAV JUS SAID AND CORRECT ME IF I M WRONG SOMEWHERE---THEN BLA BLA BLA...N THEN SAY OK NW WE ARE STARTIING PHYSICAL EXAMINATION -WUD U LIKE TO TELL ME SOMETHING ELSE BEFORE WE START..then go to wash hands n do quick physical exam..
N plz plz plz finish cases on time..if u finish 11/12 cases on time u will most likely pass un less u hav performed well in ice
ALSO one point i want to say..always try to ask the pt "HOW IS THIS(LIKE HIS SYMPTOMS LIKE PAIN OR PANIC ATTACKS NYTHING IMPACTING UR LIFE??..n then empathy..oh i can understand it must be very difficult for u..bt i m glad that u came for an evaluation and we will work out together and we will ensure that u r back to ur normal life riding bikes or ny hobbies she might hav that she isnt able to do due to the pain or something..

and be calm..TAKE ONE CASE AT A TIME...DNT THINK U HAV 12 CASES..JUS GO ONE BY ONE..WAT i used to say is i hav 12 battles..1 battle gone...2 gone..3 gone..ok this was nt good bt i hav 8 more to go..i can do that well...so dnt panic if u dnt get the diagnosis..ask everthing ..like pamhugsfoss
and all symptomatology like headache blurry vision cough sob chest pain bowel bladder..all basic symptoms of every system ..screen for all systems..even if u dnt get diagnosis then still u hav asked most of things n so u l pass in data gathering..

@hackensack..
ok wat u shud do is find a study partner n do uw n fa n then go for classes..i made a mistake i didnt read before my class..bt i wud advice u..coz u will knw before hand if u read..n then after classes they will polish u very nicely..u will hav SP practice..n then practice with study partner for 10-15 days after classes n take exam..
and as far as center goes..when i took kaplan class i had a girl in class who took exam in LA..she was actually good in knowlege..n she failed..n she told that she did everything taught in kaplan (actually she took exam she failed and for second attempt she took kaplan classes)
so she told LA is very bad..she took her 2nd attempt in atlanta i guess
bt i took in LA n i passed..also my study partner took 4 days after me she also passed..
so as far as u r perfect u r fine..
i m a lil hesitant abt philly..coz i myself hav seen many img failing in philly..so if u can shift center to atlanta/la or something near..cs attempt matters the most...so why to take a chance for 400 dollars of travel..change it..as we see many bad reviews abt philly in forums too..dnt risk residency for 400-500 bucks..
dear harsh
its nikipuya@gmail
i hav sent u niki
hey it says ur email address is nt recognised
hi harsh, cong.
stevenusmle
thnx
gmail id guys
Dear harsh, you really deserve many thanx for sharing such a helpful info. plz send me the sample pt notes and UW(that u just sent 2 aprilcs) on my gmail address: bilxasor.

Once again tanx and keep up the good work!!! Wish u all z best in ur upcoming exams!!!
@harsh
stevenusmle
niki.puya
congrats. can u send it to me also nabanitadoc.thanx.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »