Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prematched/matched in pennsylvania plz help - aksh
hi guys.....
In PA state board license form what needs to be filled in the following columns

a) Number of weeks of academic instruction - does that include lectures/ class room teaching in only basic science subjects or both non clinical and clinical.

b)Number weeks of clinical instruction - does it include floor duties duration graduation and clincal rotations during internship.

i am really confused, any word will be great help...........

let your med school fill it up for you
I talked to my GME office..they say its gonna be TOTAL ( clinical + NON Clinical) weeks of instructions!

Academic years is what they ask initially- then ask the academic weeks - Go for TOTAL I'm letting my med school know about it!!

good luckSmile
hey ,

does anybody know what did ur med school fill up in weeks of academic instruction?? any idea around how many weeks??

and for clinical instruction do we count second, third, fourth year clinical rotations or just third and fourth year??
aim2stars- you must be having the transcript with clerkships- my total for clinical rotations is 128 weeks!!

academic I'm asking them to fill in everything form nonclinical to clinical stuff!
hey matched09,

thanks alot, i appreciate your help... my clinical rotations based on my transcript is 142 weeks, so i guess thats right..

also on my transcript i have total number of hours spend in each subject, clinical + non clinical..
if i add that up its 157. 5 weeks based on 40 hours per week calculations...do u think ur would come somewhere around this??
I think let the school calculate..total hours...dont go urself calculating the non clinical weeks as I find it difficult to see just 15.5 weeks in ur case devoted to non clinical instructions!! Just let them know its the TOTAL no of weeks..they will do th eret,,they must be having their own samplers!!

moreover my GME told me PA state is very lenient with no of weeks and stuff.... so chill n relax
ok..sure thanks...
thanks...........guys
thats what i was thinking.........

good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »