Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
questions for j1 interview..plz guide - aditi12345
i was going thru various j1 requirements..and few stood out to me.

the first one...it is asked to provide

--> financial statement...what is this??

--> no intent for immigration ..what is this and how to prove it??

--> i have been in Us for last 3 years, and have a job on h1 visa here.
now when i look at the DS 156 form, it is asking about past employer...should i leave it blank or what??

thanks for all your help!!!
anyone plz!!
Hello aditi,

If officer ask you about the financial statement then tell him/her that you will get stipend of this much during your residency which is more than enough for me.

Dont lie on DS 156 form or any form

Good luck.
thanks doctor_md!
Hi Aditi12345,

I am in the same boat as urs. Currently I am on H1B visa. My residency program sponsors J1 only. So, I have to convert from H1B to J1. R u going to your home country to get the J1 visa stamped on your passport.

Do u have any idea whether we can go to canada or mexico to get J1 visa stamping?

thanks,

Neelima
hey neelima..can u plz email me at psychiatry.res

i really will like to talk to u!

r u from india???

may be we can help each other..thanks!
Financial statement also serves to show the intent to return.

Will specify the immoveable and cash in india, if substancial will give an idea that you plan to return. so should try to show a good bacup back up back home. any CA can make it.
It worked well for me.
They know that you will be getting a salary, financial statement serves as a backup back home.
hi do we need all the three forms for applying for J1 : DS156, 157 and 158. Please advise.
I am in US too with ,my spouse sine 3 years.

My spouse is moving now too with me for holiday and We will be in India for amonth.

Cna I write MY spouse address as Indian address he will be then at the time when I apply for stamping?? or Should I use adrress in USA???

Will it be a lie??
@ rsy

Can you tell us exactly what I should ask my father's CA to give to prove financial immovable assets, please let me know.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »