Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PA licence - gstar44
For MBBS graduates, I would like to know what is the medical school required to fill in

a)total no. of weeks of academic instruction completed

b)total no. of weeks of clinical instruction completed

My med school officials are a bit confused over this.

Is academic intstruction = 4.5 years ( converted into weeks)
Is clinical instruction = 1 year internship or
from 2nd year onwards including internship or
from 2nd year onwards excluding internship?

I would really appreciateif somebody can advise?
Anybody?
bump
anybody?
hey , i dont know if its right or not as i am still waiting to receive my license, but my med school wrote the following:

total number of academic years: 5.5
academic instruction: 286 weeks
clinical instruction: only counted my clinical rotations not internship as per transcript: 142 weeks

hope it helps u..
Hey aim2stars, thanks a lot for ur input. I have been waiting for a reply.
I have researching on this a lot lately and all I could find was this detailed curriculum on the Medical Council of India's website

http://mciindia.org/know/rules/rules_mbbs.htm

It is indeed mentioned there as 142 weeks of clinical rotations.

May I ask you when did ur med school send the verification form?

What all did they attach along with it?
I am not sure how they got the 286 weeks.

Scroll down to the table from the MCI link which mentions 142 weeks and gives the split distribution.

Now 142 weeks is counted from 3rd till 9th semester.

bcoz hypothetically if we assume 4 weeks per month ( i.e 24 weeks per semester) even then 24x9 = 216 weeks only

586 comes if we multiply 5.5 with 52

i.e whole 5.5 years ( including internship) with 52 ( no. of weeks in an year)

woul you please tell me how do you get your pa licence
You have fill in 2 forms and give it to ur Program Co-ordinator who sends it to the PA state board.

You have to give the 3rd form ( medical school education verification form ) to ur med schools dean's or registrar's office who fills in and attaches the reqd documents and sends it directly to the state board.

can you people clear my doubt, what are you actually talking about- is it physician assistant course. Did u guys did 2yr course and talking about the final stage of license. Are else is there any way you can get it without 2year course. Please help, i was thinking of that track and going through the colleges. If possible can you tell me which college you did it from, how was it..............pls gstar44 and aim2stars. can u give me your email i need to know more about PA.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »