Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help.... failed step 2 ck - dr.farfoor
i am an img got 86 on my step one 1st attempt , and i recieved my step 2ck score with failed 74/183 i am realy depressed and want to know the impact of this failure on my chances , how much are my chances reduced ? , many people told me that failing was better than to get low score is that true ?
i heard about many people who failed cs and still get matched in great places and also i have been told that failing cs is much worse than failing step one or to ck.
please any one can help me with experience in that issue , just tell me what to do , i will prepare so hard for retaking the exam but i want to know how much getting 90s can improve the sitiuation .
Failing in step 1 or 2 is worse than failing in step2cs and secondly when you are retaking step2 try to get more than 95 to improve ur chances...gud luck.
just organise ur study plan and focus on the exam.......kaplan study material is a good starting point ,and then solve q's( usmle world is really good in my opinion) ,take NBME ( 2 of the tests if u have the time if not atleast one) , get ur confidence level high and go for it! u have the knowledge already , just relax and apply it well.......u can do it! all the best!!!!! cheers
Sorry to say this but you have it all backwards.
1)- Is much better to pass with a low score in the first attempt than a second attempt
2)- CS is the less important exam, in fact most of the programs look for no attempts in the step 1 and step 2 ck, only a few mention no attempts in CS. (although failing the cs matters it doesn't matter as much as the step 1 or ck...a pd told me that because i failed the cs once)

I'm not trying to be mean but your chances are much much lower now, if you decide to go to the 2010 match I would advise you to study hard an score +95 in step 2 ck, score +95 in step 3 and get some USCE with strong US LORs or contacts.

Good luck
I failed in my first attempt of Step 2CK. I studied so hard and I got a 99 in my second attempt. I did observership in IM and I got matched in IM this year. So it really all depends on you. Focus first in passing the Step 2 CK exam and if possible, try to get a very good score.
I am an IMG. I took step 1 failed on first attempt Sad then retook it barely passed but passed. i took ck and failed (A BIG SHOCK I THOUGHT I WAS PREPARED)
I wanted to MATCH 2011 but now i have not submitted any applications as I am certain no one will want me....
I do not know what to do.. but everyone tells me score a 99.. I DONT KNOW HOW TO... can someone help me with respect to how to prepare... i am soo soo soo lost....

I heard about premier review is it any good? I NEED SOME HELP.....

Will i even match one day?
stick to usmleworld and kaplan notes. do uw 2-3 times and understand concepts. you will match...just keep trying
http://media.omfgif.com/gif/Uselessjunk-...TF_gif.gif
14k dlrs Gteed Course is 25%-Discounted NOW!

This “if you do not pass, you do not pay COURSE.”OF COURSE- THIS IS THE USA,AND EVERYTHING IS ATTESTED TO BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (www.bbb.org )- OUR COMPANY HAS THE TOP CONSUMER PROTECTION RANKING WITH THEM. IT ALSO HAS A FANTASTIC SUCCESS RATE THAT IS BACKED UP FULLY BY THE ‘IF YOU DO NOT PASS, YOU DO NOT PAY ANYTHING ‘ CONTRACT THAT IS LEGALLY DOCUMENTED AND BACKED UP 100%.

Here are the details

$14K Guaranteed Success (Pass) Course

ONLINE COURSE ( we are actually a uniquely “data-driven” company that uses statistical question analysis and predictive methodologies (multivariable logistic regression) to create a course materials e.g., like ‘counting cards’ at vegas!)).- SO YOU CAN TAKE IT FROM ANYWHERE, ANYTIME;WE ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE GREATEST USMLE COURSE IN THE WORLD-BETTER YET WE FUNCTION MORE AS A ‘TRAINING PROGRAM,’ THAN A COURSE. WITHOUT A DOUBT, ‘ THE CUSTOMER IS KING’ WITH US. NO MORE OF THAT BIG BLOATED COMPANY BS/RUNAROUND. WE TREAT YOU IN A MANNER THAT IS PERSONALIZED, INDIVIDUALIZED, RESPECTFUL AND ABOVE ALL – 100% GUARANTEED! AVOID THOSE LARGE IMPERSONAL AND UNFEELING 500 MILLION DOLLAR SO-CALLED EDUCATIONAL (ASSEMBLY LINE) COMPANIES THAT EXTRACT MONEY FROM YOU BUT GIVE YOU NO GUARANTEED OUTCOMES. COME AND CALL US NOW (INFORMATION LINE: 6417153900 ext 833768), IMMEDIATELY, FOR URGENT AND IMMEDIATE ENTRY INTO OUR ‘USMLE SUCCESS CLUB…’ THE ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND IN THE WORLD.

PLUS SIGN UP WITHIN THE NEXT 4 WEEKS AND GET A REDUCED RATE OF $10750 PER STEP- EXACTLY IN YOUR BUDGET! MENTION THIS FORUM WHEN YOU CALL!
SPAM ALERT!!
the only thing guaranteed with this dubious 14K course is failure and a boat load of your $$ skimmed from you.
Beware! Just focus on your studies/IV/Match the old fashioned way = YOURSELF!
SCAM ALERT!! the advertiser has no website, real phone number or email!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »